• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drummond52

drummond52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:00 AM

My house key is a WR3 and the one I bought here is WR5, will the WR5 work in the WR3, I tried it and could not get it to work, mind you I am a rookie that still needs to practice a lot..............drummond

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

My house key is a WR3 and the one I bought here is WR5, will the WR5 work in the WR3, I tried it and could not get it to work, mind you I am a rookie that still needs to practice a lot..............drummond

If you will read some of the old threads on here, you will find that it is never a good idea to bump locks that you rely on...like the lock you use to secure your house, for example.

Otherwise, take your original key and your bump key and compare them. Do they have the same number of cuts? Do the cuts line up on both keys? Are the cuts on the bump key lower than the key for the lock? If the answer is yes to these questions, it should work.

Next, read the 'Sticky' thread My Keys Don't Work... for hints about technique.

Good luck and just relax and have fun bumping.
Bump it to the next level.

#3 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

I am pretty sure the wr5 and wr3 are interchangeable, if they do have the same amount of pins, and spacing is equal. You should also try the kw1 or kw10, when trying to bump weiser locks, i found that the kwikset keys were much easier to use when bumping many weiser locks, as the weiser key, usually goes in and out much to smoothly so it makes it more difficult.