• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HellRazor

HellRazor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

I have been reading up on the forums and have been watching a lot of videos on how-to bump a lock using the pullout method. I recently received my keys and have been practicing on a lock i found in my basement that has no key. I cannot get it to work with this method
== BUT ==
I accidentally, one night, while not paying much attention pulled it out two clicks, bam it works about 75% of the time. Now I have pretty much mastered this lock. I can open it every other try at the worst. But I have switched back to the single pullout method (i did modify a few backup keys, can only get them to work with the double click pullout method) and cant do it for the life of me.

Also I have a few extra master locks that I cannot bump with the master key they gave me (the m1 key). They are either Master locks (cannot bump) or a gold finish lock with ACE etched in the side (cannot bump).

The one I can bump (mentioned above) has no markings on it on the top or bottom and that one can be done with ease with the m1 key.

I am kind of confused here.

I am also sorry if this doesnt make much sense, its almost 2am here and I am quite tired.

#2 kespup

kespup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

I would say why argue with success. I have found some locks respond better with the key pulled out more and some by pulling out less. Amount of torque and bump force also seem to be variable for success on different locks.

I also have been finding the master lock a challenge. However extra torque seems to help.

#3 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:58 AM

This happened to me to. I was practicing on a weiser lock, with my kw10. I began getting really stressed after a while of not being able to do it. I started pulling the key in and out faster and by mistake i pulled it out 2 clicks and i bumped it! I find bumping with 2 clicks and the kw10 was much easier then 1 click with the kw1.

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

Pulling out two clicks works well for a tough lock or a key that isn't quite there. Two clicks out equates to each pin being struck twice, so that if, for instance, the first blow was from a peak that wasn't cut to the right angle, or was not quite deep enough, the second does the trick while the other pins are still above the shearline.

The disadvantage to this method rises from the increased force required to strike the key in the extra pin. This is more force than is normally required, and can make an otherwise easy to bump lock almost impossible, as too much speed is imparted upon the pins, which bounce back too quickly for the lock to be opened.

Every lock is different, however, so experimentation generally yields a method that works. So kudos for cracking your lock!

#5 marez

marez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

what exactly is a pullout method and can you bump a key without modifying it??

#6 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:57 AM

what exactly is a pullout method and can you bump a key without modifying it??

Marez: At the top of every page is the SEARCH function. CLICK it. Type in Pull Out Method and you will get a bunch of results with lots of info.

http://www.bumpkeyfo...pull out method
Bump it to the next level.

#7 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yeah the pull out method will work like that. I tried lot on this method and it worked only 25 percent. I think I need to practice lot on that.