• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

i want a lock for as cheap as possible. is there somewhere i can get a 'bundle' of locks to practice my bump keys on?

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

I sent you a PM.
Bump it to the next level.

#3 Bump123

Bump123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:48 AM

I would have to say check fleabay... You should be able to find alot there..

#4 kespup

kespup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Go scavenge the trash. When people replace entry doors they toss out the old door usually with the old lock attached. Grab the door lock and all, bring it home, remove the lock and toss out the door in your trash. Now you have a FREE practice lock for bumping and picking if your into that too!

#5 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Your selection runs from Wal-Mart to Home Depot... or any equivalent hardware store, for that matter. I bought a Kwikset cylinder from Home Depot today for $4.95., complete with two keys and mounting hardware. You don't need to go out and buy the complete deadbolt or key-in-knob system, just ask for a replacement rim cylinder.

High quality? Not at all. I would never imagine putting it on my door. But is it a good, functional example of a Kwikset lock? Absolutely. Bump away.

#6 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

if you do buy a bundle make sure they ane NOT, NOT keyed alike that will make all of them the same, not allowing you different things to try

#7 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Your selection runs from Wal-Mart to Home Depot... or any equivalent hardware store, for that matter. I bought a Kwikset cylinder from Home Depot today for $4.95., complete with two keys and mounting hardware. You don't need to go out and buy the complete deadbolt or key-in-knob system, just ask for a replacement rim cylinder.

High quality? Not at all. I would never imagine putting it on my door. But is it a good, functional example of a Kwikset lock? Absolutely. Bump away.

No one in my area seems to carry "replacement rim cylinders" and most don't even know what they are. I hate Kentucky, this state is so backwards and lost.
The Home Depot website only shows 1 rim cylinder and it's a National, looks like a 5 pin from the picture on their site. Can't tell what key it is though.

#8 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

i want a lock for as cheap as possible. is there somewhere i can get a 'bundle' of locks to practice my bump keys on?

You may also check you local locksmith stores and ask them for unused locks.
Sandy

#9 wasteddaze

wasteddaze

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

The best place ive found to get practice locks are old buildings that are being torn down or remodeled most of the time if your willing to remove them yourself the'll say just take them. If you want to practice on vehicle locks go to a wrecking yard and practice on the junk vehicles with auto jigglers of course