dnasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:58 AM

OK, I made my own key, here it is:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I know, the picture isnt great, Ill try to get a better one later.

Im testing on an old Master No. 1 PadLock:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I tried using it tonight, and it didnt seem to work, is it me or the key that isnt working?

Thanks for the help in advance!

#2 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

I'm no expert, but from comparing your key to the one I bought here, yours is very rough. Looks like the peaks are too high and the gaps aren't wide enough. The tip looks like it might be fine, though.

Look around on this forum for M1 key pics and you will see.

#3 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:48 AM

hey, i havnt been bumping for too long either, and i dont have much experiene making bumpkeys, but it probably is your key that is the problem. The angles of the peaks look to steap, and the size of all of them if uneven, and i cant really tell but you might have filed a bit too deep. http://img95.imagesh...llhw8.jpg^^This is how the M1 key should look like.p.s, I would highly reccomend purchasing your keys from bumpkey.us, their keys are very good quailty, and i couldnt bump my first lock untill i got them:P.

#4 dnasty

dnasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

Thanks guys for your help. I evened them out a bit, but I still dont think it is perfect...Any other suggestions?

#5 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:26 AM

At first look your keys need to be more accurate in filing. Try few more time and you will get the idea behind that. gaps wider, deeper valleys. While learning bumping locks use minimal movement method with less tension.
Sandy