• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alatus

Alatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:10 AM

I just found out about Bumpkeys, and this forum. And one of the first things I noticed is that there seemed to be a sudden rush of orders. I think it might be because of how I heard about Bumpkeys.

"It Takes a Thief" on the Discovery Channel. For anyone who doesn't know it's a show where 2 guys break into people's homes, steal a bunch of their stuff, and tape it so they can show it to the homeowners. Afterward they give everything back and give the homeowners a security overhaul.

Anywho, in an episode I saw recently they got into the house like they had a key to the place, the owners asked and he said he used his "bumpkey." That's how I heard about it. I figure a few hundred thousand other people who watch the Discovery channel might have heard about it there for the first time as well.

I don't know if that offers any insight but there it is.

I ordered the 11-key set on the spot about a week ago and am anxiously waiting its arrival.

#2 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:05 AM

I saw the same episode and started a thread on it. I was quite impressed at how quick Jon got that deadbolt open.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:42 PM

I haven't seen this program. It would be interesting to see it, though.

Thanks for pointing it out... and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 Bump123

Bump123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

I haven't seen this program. It would be interesting to see it, though.

Thanks for pointing it out... and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

It's a really good show, I find it funny that the news made the whole bump key concept a "Real Big" security issue, when this guy jon breaks into homes like 95% of the time by kicking in a basement window, or finding an open window around the house somewhere....

#5 Alatus

Alatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, that episode is the first time I saw him be gentle with a locked house.

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

I just found out about Bumpkeys, and this forum. And one of the first things I noticed is that there seemed to be a sudden rush of orders. I think it might be because of how I heard about Bumpkeys.

"It Takes a Thief" on the Discovery Channel. For anyone who doesn't know it's a show where 2 guys break into people's homes, steal a bunch of their stuff, and tape it so they can show it to the homeowners. Afterward they give everything back and give the homeowners a security overhaul.

Anywho, in an episode I saw recently they got into the house like they had a key to the place, the owners asked and he said he used his "bumpkey." That's how I heard about it. I figure a few hundred thousand other people who watch the Discovery channel might have heard about it there for the first time as well.

I ordered the 11-key set on the spot about a week ago and am anxiously waiting its arrival.

Wow.. this show is really interesting. I wonder if its still shown in Discovery Channel. Nice show concept.. :-)

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

It's nice to see people getting aware of the bump keys through internet and tv programmes