• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pukingbuzzard

pukingbuzzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:09 AM

I am a bit of a magic buff. I am working on some escape tricks and am learning to do some picking and bumping (some tricks you can bump some are better if you pick)

I have gotten quite good and fast (when you are doing a show the people watching tend to start to ask too many questions if you are screwing around taking all day to pick a lock!) at a picking move called raking.

For those not in the know, I draw the picture of raking like this: a key shaped pick that you shove in and out of a lock real fast (in a brushing or raking motion over the pins) as you turn the tension wrench.

Am I just playing armchair expert and talking out of my ass or am I seeing this bump move as being the same principle only with less tools (using a key as both the pick and tension wrench at the same time)

I think this bump move will be the way for me to go for a few of my tricks, I just got to remember to turn UP the music... hammer sounds tend to get the people watching asking too many questions as well!

Thanks guys

Another quick question, I am looking for the KEH-2 Bump Hammer, bit I am not finding it for sale on the net... I did not see it over at bumpkey.us anyone have the 411?

#2 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

If I understand raking properly, it's scraping the pins in the hopes of getting a random unlock, much like gambling in Vegas.

Bumping is an example of Newton's Cradle put to a different use. This same principle is often seen in billiards when you have 2 balls touching, and you hit one with the cue ball, and the far ball moves, but the center ball stays put.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

Sorry to wait so long for a reply... Thanks Joe for bumping the thread ;)

pukingbuzzard - As of right now, we don't offer the KEH-2 for sale... nor do we have plans to start offering it for sale.:(

As far as the magic trick goes... If your good at picking, why change?

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:11 AM

Another solution would be to get a rekeyable lock and take out all but 1 pin stack. Some of the commercial grade Master Locks look really sturdy and are rekeyable. One pin picking is pretty easy and would be as fast as you want it to be.
Bump it to the next level.

#5 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Another solution would be to get a rekeyable lock and take out all but 1 pin stack. Some of the commercial grade Master Locks look really sturdy and are rekeyable. One pin picking is pretty easy and would be as fast as you want it to be.

I agree with the above comment that rekeyable lock will good solution. Also one pin picking is good and fast.