• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unkellsam

unkellsam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

I got a set of bump keys, filed and everything, but they only work on 1 out of 6 locks that Ive tried, I have 5 of the most famous keys. Anyone have an idea why? could I have filed them too much?

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

I got a set of bump keys, filed and everything, but they only work on 1 out of 6 locks that Ive tried, I have 5 of the most famous keys. Anyone have an idea why? could I have filed them too much?

I doubt you filed them too much. It is possible the the lock you are trying to has a "9" in the key. If this is the case, you could simply use a file to file deeper cuts into you bump key. This is also called a "10" key (even though there is no 'official' 10 cut) this works because its a bit deeper than the "9" key.

I'm working on a guide of how to file \ cut the keys... stay tuned.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 unkellsam

unkellsam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

I doubt that is the case for ALL of the locks I have tried it on. I'll try messing around with it though.

#4 chriscoooper

chriscoooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

Make sure the bump key matches the lock.

I was having no luck on one lock until i switched the key i was using. The first one fit in the lock, but still wasn't the right key (by length and # of pins).

#5 taktikz

taktikz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

yea im having trouble getting them to work.. can someone post real before and after pics of keys?

#6 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

Make sure the bump key matches the lock.

I was having no luck on one lock until i switched the key i was using. The first one fit in the lock, but still wasn't the right key (by length and # of pins).

That's true, he should make sure that it matches the specific lock to bump. sometimes key replacement will work.
Sandy