• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

I think it was the episode called "Vacation Time" on discovery's site. It aired Feb 28th.

Anyway, the burglar, Jon hit this house with a massive RV out front, and he bumped the deadbolt on the front door. They didn't show this close up, but from his movements I suspected he was bumping. Later in the show, Matt asked Jon how he got in so fast and Jon told him he bumped the lock and they even showed a quick glimpse of the blue mallet that you can add weights to. Jon only bumped the key 3 times before it opened.

It blew my mind how fast it worked. I'm new to bumping, but I've been picking for a couple years. I can pick most padlocks in no time, so I know they are pretty weak. I couldn't pick a doorknob or deadbolt to save my life.

I've only seen bumping videos using padlocks before and I knew those could be bumped in seconds, but I never expected to see a household deadbolt give in that fast. Incredible.

Did anyone else see it?

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

I did not see the show but I can usually open a door with a deadbolt and key in knob before the Locked Out customer gets back from walking around the house to check to see if any windows are unlocked or open. That way I can bump the lock without them watching and I can be putting my picks away when they come around the corner of the house to find that I have the door open. Bumping is usually successful with 3 or less bumps so I usually do not get caught tapping on a key by the customer. I wonder how long it will take James Bond to catch the bumping fever?
Bump it to the next level.

#3 JXB7

JXB7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

I saw that episode. when Jon was first bumping the lock to get in they showed a glimpse of the tomahawk he was using. For what I could see Jon just needed to bump the doorknob to get into the house. so much for the deadbolt.