• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mustang_52

mustang_52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

I just bought the 11 key package that i'm waiting for... are these extra keys necessary: I believe the keys are ru6,ar5,s22,wr4,wk2. ?

Edited by admin.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

The AR5 and WR4 are relatively rare, and shouldn't be particularly necessary except for the advanced bumper. They are both 6 pin locks which are more difficult to bump anyway.

The S22 is relatively common, but also a higher-security six pin that you shouldn't find a legitimate reason to bump often.

The Russwins (RU6, for example) have such a variety of keyways that unless you buy an entire set of Russwin keys, your set won't be very effective.

And the Weslock WK2, I'm fairly sure, is not rare, but may be interchangeable with another key. Kwikset perhaps? Can anyone back me up on that one?

So in short, everything that you REALLY need is included in the 11 key set. If you come across a lock that needs any of those, you can have your five pins craftily copied to a six pin blank, and then you can file the extra groove yourself. I wouldn't worry too much about the S22 or the Russwin, as it's a big hassle.

#3 mustang_52

mustang_52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:23 AM

ok, Thanks for the reply.

#4 Ronny

Ronny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

I also ordered some ru6,ar5,wk2 keys for more practice. I am still waiting to come and then I will start practicing on some new locks.