Photo
- - - - -

what happens if you stick the wrong bumpkey into the lock?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gatorade

gatorade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

If you order bumpkeys from here and you put a key into the wrong lock what would happen? Would the key get stuck?

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

first of all it wouldnt even be ABLE to go in, unless ur such a arrogant person that u jammed the hell out of it into it... then YES it would obviously get stuck... lol... every "company" or brand i should say... has a fairly different design on their keys... making it pretty much impossible to fit another key into another lock... although ive seen some keys that have the same design pattern too... and they fit perfectly into it...
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:06 AM

it won't work. that's why there are other Keys.

#4 Qspawn

Qspawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Some keys WILL go into other locks, such as:

Kwikset will go into Weiser, weslock, dexter and a few others, how ever, the ones that kwickset will go into will not work the other way around sometimes, such as weslock which has a wider keyway, will not fit into a kwikset easily and thus probably will not work it. However, things that you must watch out for is depth, as sometimes 7's (as in kwikset's case) is not the deepest depth, and the spacing between cuts may be different.

#5 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

Every key tells you that in which lock will they fit. If you forcefully inserting the wrong keys then it will stuck and may be get jammed.
Sandy

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

Well, according to what I have read here somewhere in the forum that as long it is the same length and it fits in the lock, that bump key can be use to bump that lock.

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

Some keys WILL go into other locks, such as:

Kwikset will go into Weiser, weslock, dexter and a few others, how ever, the ones that kwickset will go into will not work the other way around sometimes, such as weslock which has a wider keyway, will not fit into a kwikset easily and thus probably will not work it. However, things that you must watch out for is depth, as sometimes 7's (as in kwikset's case) is not the deepest depth, and the spacing between cuts may be different.

Thanks for this interesting observation, never knew that before