• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gatorade

gatorade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

About how many order do you still have to fill? If there's a ton I would prefer to wait a bit until it dies done before I order. Will you guys be selling bump hammers anytime soon? Also what locks don't the bumpkeys in the 11key set cover?

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Great questions...

We've still got quite a few orders to send out... It seems that some news agencies have been doing reports on bumpkey.us and that's one of the reasons we've been soooo busy. We're working VERY hard to get all orders out ASAP... and should be back up to par shortly ( a few days) ?

As far as which keys they 11 key set doesn't work for... There are quite a few locks that it doesn't work for.... that being said; we tried to get the most common keys in there and offer what we think would suite most people.
Sorry I can't give you a more precise answer. :?

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

What those keys will and will not work on is a question of application.

For homes, they make up around 95% of locks. I'd venture to say that two keys (the KW1 and SC1) makeup about 80% of those. The only ones that these keys don't cover are either obscure, foreign or retardedly high security for a residential dwelling.

For commercial applications, the percentage of matching keys is at least 75%. This is because businesses are likely to have property that warrants protection with a very high security lock. Although bump keys may exist for many of these locks, their useful applications are few and far between and don't warrant being included in this set.

I hope this helps!

#4 gatorade

gatorade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:09 AM

would they work on most, if all padlocks?

#5 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

I'd say that a good half of padlocks use an M1 blank. The key works on the vast majority of those. The problem with padlocks is that the key that is used varies greatly with manufacturer, aside from the M1, which is used by many. It is, however, still very much worth your money.