• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Qspawn

Qspawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

Today I bumped a mul-t-lock classic (one with the black head w/o the interactive pin) successfully. It was hard to figure out at first but the link from toool to the russian site that showed how to do it gave me a few clues. First and foremost have a mul-t-lock key cut to the lowest (all D's and all 5's) cuts. Then, insert the key into the lock. Maintain outward (away from the lock cylinder) pressure on the key but do not pull out one cut. Turn the key the way the cylinder is supposed to rotate to open up while rapping it with a blunt object (for this i used a tomahawk bump hammer) if you fail (which you probably will many times) release the tension on the key while still maintaining outward pressure on the key. When you feel the first set of pins bump (it will suddenly give about 5-10 degrees of rotation) be very careful with this next step. Slightly rotate the key halfway back to the original starting position, but not enough to let the first set of pins reset in the lock. Again, bump as you turn the key to the unlocked position, going back a few degrees every time you fail, but not enough to reset the first set of pins. Eventually, you will open the lock.

I have gotten the first set of pins bumped on a mul-t-lock interactive pin but the key seems to become damaged every so often and makes it really hard to extract the key and insert it (grinding the tips work well but not well enough to be recommended.) The second part is very finicky and many times i have accidentally reset the lock tumblers. If anyone has any tricks to getting the second set bumped right please let me know, I have a whole stock (licensed retailer) to practice on. (No, I will not sell you a Mul-T Bump key.)

Thanks.