Photo
- - - - -

KW1 Bump keys works on my lock but not on anyone elses?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GeeZus21

GeeZus21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

I made my key, it works great on my door. So i tried it on a few friends houses. But no love. I have made several, I will post some pictures as soon as i get off work. Any suggestions?
Posted Image
Michael Pugliese

#2 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

this same thing happened to me. i made my own bump key, and i tried it out on my door and i got it to work soon enough. i then tried it on my other lock in my house, but no luck. i also tried it on a few friends house's and i didnt get it. i didnt know what to do, i thought something was wrong with my lock.

i ended up ordering some keys from bumpkey.us, and after enough practice i got it, and these keys worked on every single lock i tried.

i hope that helps abit,

thanks.

#3 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

You have some very large, steep slopes on that key. Your lock may be keyed rather high, so that the large peaks and poor energy transfer wouldn't affect it's operation, but they need to be smoothed out and lowered a bit to work on all locks.

And, as Sniper pointed out, you could buy one for reference. :wink:

#4 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:54 PM

i dont know if everyone has this problem but i always try to use my 5 pin on my 6 pin lock after 5 tries im like duhh make sure its the rite key

#5 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

Don't feel bad if you can't bump any locks. I received the 11 key set 3 weeks ago, got 2 copies made of the complete set, except the SC20 (no one has the blanks) and still haven't successfully bumped anything except 1 padlock. I'm starting to feel like I wasted over $50 for nothing. I'll be happy if I can make my money back with these keys or my picks, but people just don't lock themselves out very often it seems.

I have much better success picking locks with picks I make from $1 hacksaw blades.

#6 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

I make my own bumps b/c i cant order of the net and i think i tend to make em lock specific because if it wont work on my one lock ill change a little bit of it untill it works, making it difficult for me to use on others for some reason
Bump It And You Will Enter