• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jeremiah2

jeremiah2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

I found this site while surfing around the net and thought that this was a hobby i wanted so i ordered the 11 key set and am happy with my purchase, the keys are great quality and easy to use. I bumped my first lock only a few minutes having them out of the packaging. :lol:
TREKKIES RULE!!!!!!!

#2 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:20 AM

really? that's pretty cool. which keys did you get, and what lock did you try it on?

#3 jeremiah2

jeremiah2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

it was a plain old home lock, it took 3 bumps using the pullout method, i like this stuff, i think i have a new hobby for a while. The set is the eleven key set from bumpkey.us it had the main keys. the only problem i have is i cant seem to bump schlage keyways, the tumblers on my test keyway seem to to have any give to em.
TREKKIES RULE!!!!!!!

#4 Joe42

Joe42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

I ordered the 11 key set around March 1, and got it on the 16th. Very nice work, and quality Ilco keys, every one of them.

Got copies made today in different places, so I ended up with less than quality keys to work with, so for those who don't already know, do NOT get copies made at Walmart. It's safe enough as those people are generally idiots, though.

Walmart uses crappy Axxess brand keys as well as their own brand, plus their machine is some weird custom rig that simply doesn't cut accurately. They couldn't do the WR5 worth a damn, the peaks were nearly non-existant.

Since they didn't have most of the blanks I needed, I went to a local True Value store and got a few more made. They wouldn't even attempt the WR5, but they did the Y1 and KW10 with Ilco blanks.

Had to go to one more store for the rest, and still didn't get the SC20 copied, as it's a highly popular key in my area apparently. They also use Ilco blanks, and did the WR5 and SC1 pretty good, but I doubt the WR5 will work. If you line up the copy with the original, shoulder to shoulder, they don't line up, but if you line them up tip to tip, they do. Weird since both the original and the copy are the very same Ilco blank. Maybe it will work, I don't know.

Anyway guys, just so you know, Bumpkey.us does sell quality products. You will get your order, just be patient. It's a fairly new company with a few employees, and they are swamped with orders.

And for your own sanity, be sure to get your keys copied only where they use Ilco blanks or another high quality brand.

#5 Lock picker

Lock picker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

Great to hear. =] I'm considering buying some myself.

Step up to the next level of Bumping.
Are you ready?

#6 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

that's really cool, yeah bumping is always a fun with lock and picks, keep it up with your new tools.
Sandy

#7 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

Hi. I'm a beginner and I'm curious. Where did you get your keys? Is it sold by set only? Or you can buy by piece? I'm thinking of just making one. But as a beginner I think it would be better for me to buy.

#8 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

Congrats, OP, how is the keys conditions right now? smile.png

#9 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

I found this site while surfing around the net and thought that this was a hobby i wanted so i ordered the 11 key set and am happy with my purchase, the keys are great quality and easy to use. I bumped my first lock only a few minutes having them out of the packaging. laugh.png

I hope you can still read this so that you can provide some updates about the condition of the bump keys that you have ordered a few years ago. It would help a lot of people if they will know how long the bump keys lasts.

#10 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

I hope you can still read this so that you can provide some updates about the condition of the bump keys that you have ordered a few years ago. It would help a lot of people if they will know how long the bump keys lasts.

That would really be helpful...there are many people who are coming to this forum before ordering that is why the more feedback, the more reasons people will have if they will or will not purchase...

#11 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

it was a plain old home lock, it took 3 bumps using the pullout method, i like this stuff, i think i have a new hobby for a while. The set is the eleven key set from bumpkey.us it had the main keys. the only problem i have is i cant seem to bump schlage keyways, the tumblers on my test keyway seem to to have any give to em.

Schlage locks are somewhat offer resistance to bumping though nowadays locks that use pin-tumbler system like Schlage are also vulnerable to bumping using minimal moment method