• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 berryw

berryw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

are these top pins common in locks now? i purchased a lock for $7 at wal mart and could not bump this thing to save my life. i could pick it pretty easily, but not bump it. i took it apart this morning to find that it had two of these pins in it, once i took them out bumping the lock (with only 3 pins now) was extremely easy. just like everybody makes it look on all these vids! anyway, i'm guessing that they just take more attention to timing more than anything, and would also need a lot less tension. without them tension doesn't seem to matter.. just have to be pretty firm with the bump. so anybody know how common these are?

Berry.

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

I would say they are extensively distributed, although they don't always cause such difficulties with bumping. Most of bumping is practice, and once you hit a certain level of proficiency the security pins don't give you any more trouble. How much the security pins foul up your bumping is strongly dependent upon the original depth of the bottom pin.

#3 ucantstopthis1

ucantstopthis1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I've had a real hard time to. I think its funny how the TV adds make it look so easy, Like everyone is going to break in. I was wondering if the Tomahawk hammer is over rated or if it really does make it easier.
You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you cant pick your friends nose. :eek:

#4 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

I've had a real hard time to. I think its funny how the TV adds make it look so easy, Like everyone is going to break in. I was wondering if the Tomahawk hammer is over rated or if it really does make it easier.

If you take a 6 pin KwikSet Maximum Security lock, take out 5 of the six pin stacks, it will bump real easy for the news or commercials or Tomahawk Hammer ads or showing how easy it is to bump locks in the video that you post on UTube or Google Videos.
Bump it to the next level.

#5 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

I say that it will be easier to work with Tomahawk hammer. Although it depends upon practice so I work mostly with back of screwdriver.