• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AEA

AEA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

I looking at purchasing the Schlage SC-4, Then I saw the Schlage SC20 Master Bump Key . the special Schlage does the same work as this SC-4, so i dont have to get both RIGHT ??...

And can the SC20 bypass a Schlage Commercial deadbolt Like the kind you find in the back of a building ?

and finally A 6 Pin Key, Will it work on a Five pin lock ??

Thanks

#2 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

yes, technically that is correct, the sc20 just needs a little more practice. Most likely it will fit on the deadbolt behind your building. and yes, a 6 pin key will work on a 5 pin lock. For a better explanation of the sc20 im quoting theopratr:

"The SC20 is often advertised as a "skeleton key", as it fits a slew of locks that use SC-X blanks. The SC20 blank is cut down to fit all the SC-X locks, and is thus rather skinny. In some cases it's a tight fit.

The results are hit and miss. In some locks the SC20 works perfectly, because the keyway is wider and the key moves fluidly. However, on some of the Schlage keyways the fit is rather tight and bumping it can be a pain because of the friction involved. It will work in all eventuality, it just may require a firmed whack.

Besides, who wants to carry around a whole keyring of SC-X bump keys?
I love my SC20. "

#3 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:32 PM

i think it'll work but you gotta be careful not to mess anything up. you could damage the lock. you might as well get two keys (that's what i would do)