Photo
- - - - -

Processes Of Making First Bump key and How to Use it ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AEA

AEA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

Ever since I heard of the technique I was In awe, I had To try it for my self. Found a old Kwikset Key. I Got a Flat file about 1 mm 1/2 thick and 1 in wide.

On the finished filed key How high should the little teeth be ?

Is that All I have to File down ?

What about The Bumping, I must be doing Something wrong I pull It Out 1 notch and Bump it with a bit of twisting tension, No success ?

Whats The Whole Possess Then ?

&

-How many pins do the Commercial Schlage dead bolts Locks use?

- Can Deadbolts be Picked ?

[/quote]

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

If you look through the forums, there should be many examples of what a completed bump key looks like, and from that you should get an idea of how large the peaks on the key should be. In practice, they must be large enough to effectively transfer their horizontal energy vertically through the bottom pins. However, they must also be small enough such that they don't shove any of your bottom pins above the shear line, causing the lock to bind.

The file you're using is rather large for the application. A much smaller file is easier to control when the dimensions of your project are so tiny. If you've already made your key, post a picture for analysis.

As for your technique, there are volumes about that elsewhere in the forums. Read through those, and post there with any questions you might have.

Schlage locks use either five or six pins. The five is more common. And they can be picked with ease, assuming it belongs to you. If it doesn't, you often have the problem of also picking open an electronically controlled cell door, which I've heard is rather difficult. :wink:

#3 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

I suggest you to look in this forum for the relevant answers. Try search function in this forum and you will find the required answer. On making bump key, file the key and make valleys more wider and deeper.

Chris