Photo
- - - - -

I RETURN TO BUMPKEYUS forums with this message to you!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:39 AM

i hope i put this in the right part of the forum...

alright, i decided to start posting once again.... i just wanted to put this topic.... a few annoyances i have noticed in the forums... i see the SAME type of topics keep popping up...

- USE THE SEARCH OPTION IN THIS FORUM FOR GOD SAKE
- make copies of ur keys, i cant stress this one enough...
- learn this as a hobby or as useful information in emergencies...
- ask for help if you dont understand certain things about bumping someone will answer sooner or later just be patient
- do not frickin test bump keys on ur OWN DOOR LOCKS! u WILL REGRET IT, IT DAMAGES IT AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED go search on google for spare cylinders and locks...
- dont be a criminal... enough said... you are NOT a criminal...
- personally this one is maybe just my own opinion, but can you NOT show off to your friends that you can do such a thing... you teach em but dont show off....
- dont assume ur gonna fail at bumping just because you cant open it on your first few tries... KEEP TRYING!
- yes hammers do help.... but arent golden tools... its still gonna be alot of reliance on your strike force, tension and timing of your turn... all at the same time...

i did not intend to sound angry at all in this post... its just meant to be informative... =) enjoy the forums... and i hope i can answer your questions as clearly as possible...
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

Welcome back!!

You truly are an asset to this forum ;)

The first point you made is a damn good one. People need to follow it ;)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Town Car

Town Car

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:39 AM

- do not frickin test bump keys on ur OWN DOOR LOCKS! u WILL REGRET IT, IT DAMAGES IT AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED go search on google for spare cylinders and locks...

Ok.. I've been reading here for some time & it appears that everyone bumps their own locks.

Aside from whacking the crap out of your locks.... I don't think anyone's doing that...

Can someone elaborate please on just what's going to get damaged? I can see maybe your bump key might get it's head dinged a bit but what's going to be damaged in the lock?

#4 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

the springs within will start to wear down VERY fast... because you are practicing on it... and like you stated, the head of the key AND the top of the key hole will dent in. and if worse comes to worse, your key gets stuck inside the lock and wen u forcefully try to yank it out, the pins and springs within breaks off too...

trust me... ive seen it happen... and it even happened on one of my practice cylinders...

and NO im not hitting too hard... its just that metal is metal... it dents, it will wear and tear... as tough as it is... itll chip away slowly... damages are there... you just havent gotten there yet...
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#5 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Good information on most of the untouched topic. Thanks for sharing its is very helpful in the whole lock bumping process.

Chris

#6 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

I love this guy (or girl?can't determine because of the name)...that post did made a good point...he (or she, again) did not sound angry but more on persuasive tone...I like that...

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

do not frickin test bump keys on ur OWN DOOR LOCKS! u WILL REGRET IT, IT DAMAGES IT AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED go search on google for spare cylinders and locks...,

This sentence should be encrypted on your mind in full spirit