• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrfancypants

mrfancypants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:11 AM

i have put a lot of time and practice into bumping door knob locks and i can't f-ing do it. I can bump pull out or min mvmt method on a deadbolt, 2nd or third try ... but no matter how many different creative ways of bumping, holding twisting banging tapping touching tugging smashing, tickling or fumbling i try i cant seem to get the pins to dance. Is anyone else having a similiar problem or am i the only moron who cant get the door knob lock to give. It took a bit of practice before i was able to bump the deadbolt so i understand it is a patient process .... What could i possibly be doing wrong?
http://mrfancypants.org
My pants are fancier then yours!

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

When I was just starting to bump lock-in-knob setups, I had the same problem I had when picking them. The tension was screwed up because I wasn't immobilizing the knob of the door. By just putting tension on the key, I was actually applying tension to the knob, and not the cylinder.

Other things to check for... are you turning it the right way? Sounds ridiculous, but I've been guilty of this offense. Make sure your key has enough pins... perhaps the deadbolt is a five pin, but your door is a six?

Other than that... keep trying and let us know about your progress.

#3 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

I suggest you to keep practicing from one method, like minimum movement method and try to work with little tension. When you twist keep the tension very low and increase as needed. Also check from this forum that you filed the keys perfectly.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith