• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

Today i bumped my first and second lock open. I started with the master M1. Then moved on to the master locks older brother, I can open this lock, but not consistently. This lock is much larger, like it is commercial grade. I've now opened it 5 times out of around 100 tries. I'm still practicing, but it seems like a different technique opens it every time.

I also wanted to mention a master lock that I was checking out today @ work. It is almost identical to the one I'm working on with the M10 key. The main difference would be that my key doesn't work in it. It will also not accept the M6000 or M7000 keys I have. The key for this lock is a mirror image of my M10 key.
( meaning the key is identical, but the grooves are bass ackwards )

Wondering if anybody has seen this lock before and also what do the locks for the other keys I have fit in? The M6000 and M7000 key came in the master 4 key set.

New to the game, but practicing...

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

Sounds like an M12 if it is a mirror image of the M10. Probably a 900 series.
Bump it to the next level.

#3 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

Never heard of the m12. Not a very common padlock obviously. Thanks for your help.

#4 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

they are real common around here. They have a rekeyable cylinder and the cylinder is interchangeable with a couple of other master locks.
Bump it to the next level.

#5 skip 2 my lou

skip 2 my lou

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

I'm now searching for a new M1 key, M10 key, and the nonexistent M12 key, any suggestions would be good.

Lockpicks.com requires too much info.

bumpkeys.us not impressed with.

HELP ME!!!

#6 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

If you can't find 'em, make 'em.

Go to your local hardware store, buy the blanks (or have an existing key copied to make your bump key... helps with determining the spacing) and file away until you have a working key.

It's cheap, it's effective, and it's FUN.

And I must step in to support bumpkey.us - if you don't like their stuff, you're probably not using it right. :wink:

They do not, however, currently carry two of the keys that you're looking for, so making them yourself is a good option. Even for the M1, I found the one that works most reliably is one that I made myself.

If you do decide to make your own keys, remember that for padlocks with spring loaded mechanisms, the pull out method is preferable as the amount of tension you need on the cylinder is greater. Thus, perhaps filing down the first peak to match the sizes of all the other grooves and leaving a space would be preferable. It makes the action work like minimal movement... but with movement. Essentially, you just leave a level space on the key before the first small peak which matches all the others. I've had great success with keys that I've made to that specification.

#7 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

If you couldn't find it in bumpkey.us then lockpicks.com is good, I think they need lots of info but that is relevant. There are lots of illegal activities thus it is required.
Sandy