Photo
- - - - -

I am not able to bump anything but deadbolts ...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: I think a bolt is a good bump hammer? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

I think a bolt is a good bump hammer?

1. Yes - you are a genius (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No you r a retarT (1 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. my vaginia is irritated (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mrfancypants

mrfancypants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:31 AM

I recently purchased your keys. They came quick and were what i expected, thanks! I have modified them and have had success, after alot of practice, bumping both with the one click out and the minimal movement method. after a few hours of playing with the tension, direction and bump intensity i am now able to bump a deadbolt in my hand and in a door. I understand that this is an art and it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it but i have not been able to bump the door knob lock. Furthermore, after reviewing many videos on youtube i noticed that most videos were of deadbolts, in fact i dont remember seeing a single video if anyone bumping a door knob lock. I have been reading up on bumping, anymaterial i can get my hands on, and it has been suggested that deadbolts and bumping locks in your hand is childs play compared to bumping locks in an actual door. Is this true? If so why is this? Can anyone offer any tips or technique advice on bumping a doorknob? Like i said, I have a good grasp of the theory behind bumping, and i am able to apply it with an ever increasing success rate (right now i can bump a hand held deadbolt on the 3rd or 4th tap within 2 or 3 attempts.) but i have had no success with doorknob locks. Any advise is appreciated.

Also, I am using a medium sized bolt as a bump hammer (but i do play with other bumping tools, hammer, screw driver, vice grips, lighter, etc. )

I find the bolt easy to angle and hold for a light, loose tap.

Again, your thoughts\ideas are appreciated.

MrFancyPants
http://mrfancypants.org
My pants are fancier then yours!

#2 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

Bumping the lock-in-handle setups are no more difficult in general than bumping a deadbolt. I think that most people think that a deadbolt = security... just listen to the word, it's a DEADBOLT. Thus, bumping a deadbolt is impressive.

To answer your question, it's a similar technique, with perhaps slightly different tension to bump the door locks. Make sure when you're bumping to immobilize the actual knob on the door so that it doesn't foul up the tension on the actual lock.

#3 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

I think deadbolts are easier to bump and I also found that it takes less time in bumping rather than other locks.
Sandy