• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JLP75766

JLP75766

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

Could someone guide me to a source of the Tomahawk or it's equivilant?
Thanks,
JLP75766

#2 Guest_bump122_*

Guest_bump122_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:37 PM

I was just about to ask the same thing. Also, anyone know of a good file to use for making your own keys? I can only find the triangular ones in hardware stores and it seems that the angle they create is too steep. I succeeded in doing one key, but it would be easier with a square file i think.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

I was just about to ask the same thing. Also, anyone know of a good file to use for making your own keys? I can only find the triangular ones in hardware stores and it seems that the angle they create is too steep. I succeeded in doing one key, but it would be easier with a square file i think.

My suggestion would be to try Sears \ Home Depot \ Lowes as they have a wide selection of files. I got mine from Lowes here in FL.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Could someone guide me to a source of the Tomahawk or it's equivilant?
Thanks,
JLP75766

My understanding is that the Tomahawk is quite a hard item to get a hold of. I've seen them for sale on other lock picking sites but to purchase them you have to be a "Certified Lock Smith". If \ when I find a site that offers them I will post the link to the forums.

And if you find a site that sells them - you better share too :D

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#5 IcerC

IcerC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:14 PM

Wait a few more days for http://www.kebump.com/
or try emailing them at: [email protected]
Lock Bumping, Bump Keys!

#6 MrArsonal

MrArsonal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:41 AM

I bought mine from lockpicks.com

http://www.lockpicks...PROD&ProdID=585

I think it works very well. And it's only $15!

I paid through Paypal... they never questioned it. I ordered it on a Friday and it was here on Monday. Highly recommended.

#7 drg

drg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:57 AM

I saw (somewhere) that someone had used a bit of bendy plastic with a bit of chopping board attached (the cheap white plastic type)

rather than just use a little bit and attach it to something bendy,, I cut an entire strip and bent it backwards and forwards in the middle (to make it flexable)

Takes me a bit sometimes, but it works... Could just be my dodgy bump key or technique!!

DrG

#8 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

Here's a video of me using the striking tool I make called a LOXWAT (Lock Swat). We sell them in the UK www dot ukbumpkeys dot com. Check out the vids and pics and tell me what you think. I'm a complete convert.
http://www.bumpkeyfo...c.php?p=503#503

#9 decker

decker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

bumpfiend,
the bumphammer looks gay!

#10 Chucklz

Chucklz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

A variety of websites sell bump hammers. I own one of the original kebump hammers, and honestly, I actually prefer using a screwdriver handle for my bumping. Go figure.

#11 ArchsageVal

ArchsageVal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

Use a semi-bendable ruler with a rough pad on it :smoker: