• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bimtly

bimtly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:13 AM

So I have tried for the first time, obviously a complete failure.

Problems I am having are; everything. But most of all that mine looks like a dog's breakfast and not like the perfectly shaped ones you see in example photos

Maybe I am just inexperienced with a fucking file but it seems like one minute I will rub and rub to get a little off and the next minute a corner of the file can bite in with a single slide and fuck something up.

Here are a couple of photos.

Lock, file,original and bump.

Can someone give me some tips

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:18 AM

ok from what i can see ur depth is enough, good... but obviously ur "slopes" (http://www.bumpkeyfo...topic.php?t=191 if u dont know that term.) is uneven.... honestly there isnt really any tips but, hand and eye co-ordination is important... i suggest this though, file for the depth, then individually move from slope to slope.... see which one from ur original key is the lowest... use that as a marking point, i really dont know of i said anything remotely useful here because its like 3 am here... lol... but take a look at my keys and hopefully it helps... just remember, a steady hand, good eye view, and ull make decent keys...

yea i tested all of these and theyre all good to go....

Posted Image
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

The above post is quite interesting and I think explained everything. you need to practice more although in first attempt you did well. Practice more and you will learn faster and will get success soon.
Sandy