• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Santabot

Santabot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

Sorry, not making any accusations, just curious about the site and its methods.

I noticed that a lot of the keys have weight listed the same as the price (ex: $3.99 KW1 weight: 3.99 lbs). Just curious as to whether or not this was an effective or, dare I say, untruthful way of watering the shipment prices? I just didn't understand how a very light-weight, singular key that cost $3.99 was going to cost me ~$9.00 to ship within US.

Just would like a general explanation, thanks!

#2 kinghajj

kinghajj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

I don't work for the site, but I think the weight is just a misnomer. As for the price, what this site does is a service. Sure, a locksmith could make you a key copy for $1, but most won't make you a bumpkey. This site, however, takes a risk to provide you with a bumpkey. An extra $2-3 is worth that, I think.

#3 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

I don't work for this site either, but believe me, they're not trying to screw you with the shipping. The weight of each item is simply a reflection of the price, not because they try to charge you for a four pound package to ship an SC-20, for example, but because the weight of the key is so small that it's absolutely irrelevant, but they need to list something under weight. I assure you that their shipping rates are very reasonable, and that their products reach most all parts of the country in a very expedient fashion.

#4 Santabot

Santabot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for replies,
I'm not complaining about anything, in fact, it didn't bother me at all about the price, because I've already placed orders of my own and enjoy every service this site has provided me so far; I was just unsure of what reasoning was behind that.