• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkarchives

darkarchives

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

I just bought a kw1 bump keys from here, and i have a few questions about my technique. I have spent lots of time reading the forum, and i have found out some interesting things. My main question is since the KW1 key is cut so the peaks are very small, does the minimal movement method still work? Also, i have heard that it requires only a little torque and a light hit to bump this lock. I, however, have had the best results when applying a large amount of torque and taking a whack at it. What i mean by results is that i can hear the tumblers falling below the shear line when i release the tension, not a successful bump. Thanks for any help.

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

Yes, the key will work for minimal movement method.

As for the hearing the tumblers fall after you release tension, that is usually an indication for you applying too much torque. The sound that you're likely hearing is because the pins are getting locked within the cylinder because of the twisting motion. Maybe someone else can explain it better, but the end result it to just apply a little pressure.

#3 darkarchives

darkarchives

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Heh, just got my first bump! That was really addicting. I pretty much answered all my questions by myself. This forum was a great help.

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

Congratulations on your successful bump!

It should be noted for the benefit of anyone else looking for similar information that, as Kristic stated, if after applying tension and attempting a bump, if you hear the pins falling, you're probably applying too much tension, but you're on the right track. If you DON'T hear anything falling, apply more tension or hit it harder.

#5 satnlafsasurot

satnlafsasurot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

If you DON'T hear anything falling, apply more tension or hit it harder.

Im about to go give this a shot, have a drink, and wait on some replies to my other post. i am gonna pay attention to the pins more this time.

#6 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:02 AM

Heh, just got my first bump! That was really addicting. I pretty much answered all my questions by myself. This forum was a great help.

It is very exciting with the first bump as it need lots of practice- so have a happy bumping for the near future.
Sandy