11 replies to this topic

#1 Jaz

Jaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:14 AM

Hey there!

I was just wondering if anyone has seen any bump keys for Yale locks for sale.

I dont think ive ever seen any myself.....

Could anybody help?

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

I'll have a bunch of bump keys (not sure which we are making) very soon.. I'll keep you posted if we get any yale keys.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

We didn't make any yale keys but we've got 5 other types of keys over at www.bumpkey.us Keep checking back at bumpkey.us as we continue to add more types of keys!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 IcerC

IcerC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:33 AM

I have a yale 5 pin key.

If you need one ask.
Lock Bumping, Bump Keys!

#5 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

Hello
I specialize in YALE (as they seem to be the most common in my part of UK). Also as I keep saying (almost everywhere) they only need FOUR cuts to work - for that reason I call them CANDY KEYS (as they haver a tooth missing)
contact me if you want a key/advice or anything

#6 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:01 AM

YALE keys are almost impossible to find. What you do is find a hardware store that cuts keys with a manual machine, and tell the guy to cut them all the way down. As bumpfiend said, you only need four cuts.

#7 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

At last, (see above) someone else knows the score: to bump a five pin tumbler you only need FOUR cuts, as the last pin nearest the entrance only needs to go up, not down. This isn't just aesthetic, the key is stronger as it avoids that deep cut right near the shoulder - a point of breakage with previous bumpkeys.
I have drawn a (rather crappy) but informative diagram to illustrate this but don't know how to post it. If anyone knows can they tell me?
Nice one

#8 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

At last, (see above) someone else knows the score: to bump a five pin tumbler you only need FOUR cuts, as the last pin nearest the entrance only needs to go up, not down. This isn't just aesthetic, the key is stronger as it avoids that deep cut right near the shoulder - a point of breakage with previous bumpkeys.
I have drawn a (rather crappy) but informative diagram to illustrate this but don't know how to post it. If anyone knows can they tell me?
Nice one

Head over to www.tinypic.com and upload your photo. Once completed it will give you a unique URL of the photo. Copy this url to the forum and place it like this:

[img]http://tinypic.com/yourpictures.jpg[/img]

The "[img]" tags allow the image to show up in the thread for everyone to see. Alternatively, you can simply post the URL of the photo here and people can go to it - its up to you.

James K. - Lead Support

#9 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

get it?

#10 MrArsonal

MrArsonal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

get it?

I love that pic :)

#11 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:21 AM

Yes, I must agree it has a certain pathetic quality I find just flows from me.
spam all day long.

#12 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

Nice demonstration with that image as it makes the whole topic easy to understand.
Sandy