• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ryoung

ryoung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

I have a double cylinder kwikset deadbolt and I can not bump it! Can double cylinders be bumped and if so how do I bump it?
I'M SUCH A GREAT GUY!

#2 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

good question can it be? anyone?

#3 yoyoboy

yoyoboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

Yup, it has a lazy cam, so unless something is binding in the lock (does it require a lot of force to open with the key?) bumping it shouldn't be a problem.
Two questions for you:
Is it by any chance a smart key lock?
Secondly, why do you have a double cylinder deadbolt? (I'm assuming that it's installed)

#4 snooKa

snooKa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

Yeah i was wondering the same its fire hazardous and mostly not allowed here in Florida homes probably in your back door's another story, i don't think kwikset or schlage has made a double-cylinder bump resistant from what ive just looked up. Thanks for the heads up tho yoyo

#5 yoyoboy

yoyoboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:28 PM

Ya fire marshals will severely frown on having a double cylinder lock on a residential building. They are really only allowed in store where the lock is unlocked during business hours, and there is another egress in case someone gets locked inside after hours.

There was a really funny story about some IRS agents getting locked in a store in a locksmith ledger awhile back.
Agents show up, say they are foreclosing on the property. Son in store calls up his mom and asks here what to do. She tells him to lock up and leave, not knowing that the agents were already inside. The kid goes out the front door, locks it behind him, and goes home. Agents inside eventually call a locksmith who opens the door for them.