5 replies to this topic

#1 aspiring_bump3r

aspiring_bump3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

ok so ive received my set of bump keys from slick about 2 weeks ago

ive been too busy with work, and havnt gotten around to making copies of my bump keys yet.

Prior to this website, i have made my own handmade filed down bumpkey
and it has worked! but broke off in the lock.

Anyways, ive been using the original bumpkeys, and bumping about 4-5 tries once in a blue moon. Yeah i know STUPID i could damage the original key or watever blah blah.

Anyways i find it is almost impossible to do the pull out method!
ive successfully bumped with a shoulder tip modified key, but i cant get the pull out method to work at all (one click)

Maybe its the lock im working on?
Or maybe i should shut up and get some copies made!

its a USCAN small padlock
the padlock bumpkey fits in fine.

has anyone ever encountered this type of lock b4?
ill post up a pic if you dont know what im talking about

#2 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:47 AM

Incredible! I can only get the pull out method to work! We must be different or something.[/u][/i]
Bump it to the next level.

#3 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:17 AM

maybe you guys are opposite twins. but i have no idea what is wrong. perhaps it's just your technique, but i don't know.

#4 linuxphreak

linuxphreak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

I received my bump keys a few nights ago and have been giving it a go on a Weiser lock on my garage door . I left the bumpkey unmodified & used the pullout method for a couple of days with no success (10 minute sessions) . I tried different lengths of rubber handled screwdrivers as a bump hammer--no go. In going through postings here I discovered that I was applying too much tension--so I gently placed thumb & forefinger on top & bottom of key
(like I'm making the hand sign for O.K. )and opted to use an old breadknife as a hammer . With the reduced tension , an inertial snap of the wrist with the heavier bread knife coming from underneath with an upward angle the weiser lock was sucessfully bumped .
This lock is virtually brand new and I can count the times a key was used to operate it on one hand.
So.. 30 minutes of trial & error , reading up on the finesse & fine points from other posters and finding the tool that worked for me was the key. (bump)
I'm a property manager & recently a tenant moved out , changed the locks and I had to hire a locksmith to get it----he used a bumpkey , which brought me here . His fee was $75 . If I can bump one lock these keys have more than paid for themselves .

#5 C0wT1pp3r

C0wT1pp3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

that'll probably help you out a lot. it'll help me...

#6 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

I successfully bumped the lock you mentioned with the pullout method. It depends on the practice and the key you are using. Is it filed correctly?