Photo
- - - - -

How to file a key?, for a corbin cylinder?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MysticWarrior

MysticWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:48 PM

Hey hello, since i like the idea of sitting on a chair filing some bump keys. And i don't like to buy them, i sat last week trying to make some bump keys for myself. First i buy ed a cheap lock at a hardware store. I took a file and filed the original key to what i thought it would be the lowest cut from the key. I was a little surprised because it worked out great. The first try Already opened the cylinder. Then i filed another key and again it worked great.

And since i liked to file those keys, i bought another cylinder. It is a corbin cylinder. A cheap one from 5 euro. That's pretty cheap in Holland, where i live. So i thought it would not so hard to make a key for this one to. So i took my key files again and started to file the key as i did the first time with the other cylinder. I thought it would open just like the keys from that other cylinder, but it didn't. I try all kind of things to make it work, but it don't. So do anyone have a idea what the problem could be. If it's needed i can post a picture from the key and cylinder. Ohw, and its a 5 pin lock, maybe it give you an idea of the lock.

And a sorry for my bad english. :)

Greets,
Mystic Warrior

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

Wow -

sorry for such a long reply... I over looked your original post.

If you're still having problems with bumping your lock post a picture of the key \ lock and we'll see what we can do ;)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

I never worked on this type of lock ever but if you post any video or picture it would be helpful to understand the actual situation.

Chris