6 replies to this topic

#1 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

:(

i got a kwik on my front door and a weiser i filed the keys down but the keys wont turn at all. i have failed for like 3 hours! it feels like this can't work thats how discouraged i am. why wont it work? the keys fit in the doors perfectly but it wont turn the lock after the bump. so i file some more i have NO CLUE what i am doing wrong :( :(

#2 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

Try different types of pressure on the key.....start out with REALLY light pressure on the key. Just experiment.
Posted Image
Yea...I posted the 1337th article on the forum.

#3 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

i got a kwik on my front door and a weiser i filed the keys down but the keys wont turn at all. i have failed for like 3 hours! it feels like this can't work thats how discouraged i am. why wont it work? the keys fit in the doors perfectly but it wont turn the lock after the bump. so i file some more i have NO CLUE what i am doing wrong :( :(

Have you filed them down correctly?

#4 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

i think i have but it wont work whatsoever i have no reference point because on the diagram its not a kwik key. Every time i bump it , it seems like it just doesn't want to turn. i am pulling out one pin. leaving it in bumping with high tension low tension whacking hard soft and nothing works!

#5 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

i think i have but it wont work whatsoever i have no reference point because on the diagram its not a kwik key. Every time i bump it , it seems like it just doesn't want to turn. i am pulling out one pin. leaving it in bumping with high tension low tension whacking hard soft and nothing works!

OK, well you should file the shoulder and tip enough to were the key pushes back out after you push it all the way in. it should click when you push it all the way in, and when you release it, it should pop out about half a millimeter. If it does that, it should be filed correctly.

#6 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

you are trying two different methods together, search this forum further to learn the difference

#7 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

Seems like you need to file you keys in more better way. Try to work with one method and use very light tension while moving or turning the key.
Sandy