Photo
- - - - -

Why are their no videos of the filing process??

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:10 PM

i think this will be very helpful for a mini demonstration to show "EXACTLY" how to file down the tip and shoulder. In the diagram its only one form of key! I think a 3-5 min video would show the before and after of all the keys on the catalog. Can Anyone do this and make it a sticky in the FAQ section to better assist nOOb bumpers or anyone for that matter?

#2 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

I could do it....I'm still a noob but I have a decent camera. Once I get the hang of bumping and know how to file perfectly (and no one has made a video yet) I could try to make one.
Posted Image
Yea...I posted the 1337th article on the forum.

#3 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

i think this will be very helpful for a mini demonstration to show "EXACTLY" how to file down the tip and shoulder. In the diagram its only one form of key! I think a 3-5 min video would show the before and after of all the keys on the catalog. Can Anyone do this and make it a sticky in the FAQ section to better assist nOOb bumpers or anyone for that matter?

There is probably not a video because anyone can buy a bump key for a very small amount of money. Why bother? Plus, people with the technical skill probably have jobs where they actually make money using those skills and have little time to make movies of a process that they have to do at work.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Bump it to the next level.

#4 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:56 PM

[quote name='BLK][quote=Keyless82']i think this will be very helpful for a mini demonstration to show "EXACTLY" how to file down the tip and shoulder. In the diagram its only one form of key! I think a 3-5 min video would show the before and after of all the keys on the catalog. Can Anyone do this and make it a sticky in the FAQ section to better assist nOOb bumpers or anyone for that matter?[/quote]

There is probably not a video because anyone can buy a bump key for a very small amount of money. Why bother? Plus, people with the technical skill probably have jobs where they actually make money using those skills and have little time to make movies of a process that they have to do at work.

Just my 2 cents worth...[/quote]

You might have misunderstood him (or it could be that I'm misunderstanding you.) He means just filing the tip and shoulder of the keys for the minimal movement method. It looks like to me that you think he meant filing a bump key from a regular key. Although I could be wrong....apologies if I am.
Posted Image

#5 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:40 PM

Aaaahhhhh! Well, then. It could be that we are all just lazy slobs that don't give a flying rip about it and we use the pull out method so we don't have to file the tip and shoulder.

Did I just say that? Wow. It has been a tough Monday at work.

Use the pull out method. That way you do not need to file anything.

#6 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

Heh, that's what I plan on doing....I might make a few extras just so I can file them for the occasional Minimal Movement Method. All in all though....I'm pretty lazy :o
Posted Image

#7 aspiring_bump3r

aspiring_bump3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

COME ON! someone make a video!

#8 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

I would be more than happy to, but my battery charger for my camera is missing, and ofcourse, the camera battery is dead

#9 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:16 AM

I would be more than happy to, but my battery charger for my camera is missing, and ofcourse, the camera battery is dead

I just hate when that happens....should we all send you sympathy cards?

#10 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

[quote name='BLK][quote=Kristic']I would be more than happy to, but my battery charger for my camera is missing, and ofcourse, the camera battery is dead[/quote]

I just hate when that happens....should we all send you sympathy cards?[/quote]

Yeah, I think that would be nice. :P

#11 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:17 AM

i underxtand u dont know where to file properly but we could just tell u that instead of u watching a what 20min.+ video of somthing u would be like what just happened?? So just buy one u will need extras so just double yours up by hand to learn good luck

#12 MontrealHomegrown

MontrealHomegrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

Ya I think its a good idea as well, I would love a video on exactly how to file a good bump key. PLEASE SUM 1 HOOK IT UP!

#13 Ronny

Ronny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

There are lots of videos on the web which demonstrate the filing process very well. You need to search the web.