lock bumping lock picking lock picking mechanism

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

Some of you might be wondering how to deal with the new kind of lock mechanism, well when you encounter a new kind of lock mechanism, try turning the plug/key in both directions. In the correct direction, the plug/key will be stopped by the pins, so the stop will feel mushy when you use heavy torque. In the wrong direction the plug will be stopped by a metal tab, so the stop will feel solid.Try to feel for the click that happens when a pin reaches the sheer line and the key rotates slightly. That is the point when you need to have all your senses working well, just rotate the plug slightly and hopefully you will hear a happy click. 

#2 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

Nice tip. One needs to have a keen senses :-)

#3 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

Some of you might be wondering how to deal with the new kind of lock mechanism, well when you encounter a new kind of lock mechanism, try turning the plug/key in both directions. In the correct direction, the plug/key will be stopped by the pins, so the stop will feel mushy when you use heavy torque. In the wrong direction the plug will be stopped by a metal tab, so the stop will feel solid.Try to feel for the click that happens when a pin reaches the sheer line and the key rotates slightly. That is the point when you need to have all your senses working well, just rotate the plug slightly and hopefully you will hear a happy click. 

NIce...You certainly made a good point...That's the information that would be really helpful to all...Having all your senses working is not just important in picking a lock but for everyday life as well...Thanks for the post!

#4 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:51 PM

NIce...You certainly made a good point...That's the information that would be really helpful to all...Having all your senses working is not just important in picking a lock but for everyday life as well...Thanks for the post!

I am happy you find this post helpful, yes you are right , good use of senses is all you need to achieve good results in everything in your life

#5 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

I am happy you find this post helpful, yes you are right , good use of senses is all you need to achieve good results in everything in your life

You sound like a guru...hehe...

#6 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

You sound like a guru...hehe...

Hahahahah, well i am learning a lot, and its long way to go

#7 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

Hahahahah, well i am learning a lot, and its long way to go

Same here. I never had any idea about bump keys before. And this forum really helps a lot. There are lots of information here and you guys are ready to share your thoughts and idea. :-)

• redcity likes this

#8 PaulSmith

PaulSmith

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

At first if you talk about locks you can't say that lock will provide better security once you come to know more about locks and keys you will experience which one is good for a particular door.Like i doesn't know much about remote car keys but after coming into the business of locksmith i come to know how to make and repair such keys.So, it's difficult for the newbie to lock pick, by the time newbie will come to know the whole about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lock, bumping, lock picking, lock picking mechanism