3 replies to this topic

#1 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:09 AM

Some time back there were a few reports on lock knocking. Knocking is a method for picking a lock with a uniquely made key, and the lock business has known about the strategy for quite a while.

The Media has taken the stories and kept running with them, making knocking seem as though it was the hoodlums' critical to the city as it were. The reality behind the story is that most lawbreakers essentially don't knock locks. They ordinarily utilize a more ruinous suction technique like softening a window or kicking up the entryway, in light of the fact that it's quicker and manages them less risk of getting gout.

Initially things, first how about we perceive that one key won't fit into each lock. There must be several unique sorts of locks with the same number of key ways to match, which means a criminal would need to convey a great deal of keys with no less than 20 or so basic keys, and have the capacity to know which key will fit into your lock. On the other hand stand there while attempting them one by one until they had one that fit. When the key is discovered you have the issue of clamor. Knocking sounds like somebody thumping on your entryway – with a sledge – and paying little respect to what you have seen on TV, not each lock takes one hit to open.

Be that as it may, once the seeds of trepidation have spread it doesn't take long to achieve the right ears. What's more, as with a great many people they don't get to be security cognizant until they or somebody close to them has been burglarized, lock makers won't redesign their outline until there is an interest. Presently I won't venture to say that bolt knocking is a misrepresentation, however it is for the most part buildup. For my case I'd concentrate on the materials my locks are made of before I'd stress over them getting knocked open.

• xcaliber likes this

#2 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

That make sense. :-) I totally agree.

#3 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

"Initially things, first how about we perceive that one key won't fit into each lock."---That is what I'm really trying to figure out...not all door locks come in same sizes...but would there be other types of bump keys for different types of door locks???

#4 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

Some time back there were a few reports on lock knocking. Knocking is a method for picking a lock with a uniquely made key, and the lock business has known about the strategy for quite a while.

The Media has taken the stories and kept running with them, making knocking seem as though it was the hoodlums' critical to the city as it were. The reality behind the story is that most lawbreakers essentially don't knock locks. They ordinarily utilize a more ruinous suction technique like softening a window or kicking up the entryway, in light of the fact that it's quicker and manages them less risk of getting gout.

Initially things, first how about we perceive that one key won't fit into each lock. There must be several unique sorts of locks with the same number of key ways to match, which means a criminal would need to convey a great deal of keys with no less than 20 or so basic keys, and have the capacity to know which key will fit into your lock. On the other hand stand there while attempting them one by one until they had one that fit. When the key is discovered you have the issue of clamor. Knocking sounds like somebody thumping on your entryway – with a sledge – and paying little respect to what you have seen on TV, not each lock takes one hit to open.

Be that as it may, once the seeds of trepidation have spread it doesn't take long to achieve the right ears. What's more, as with a great many people they don't get to be security cognizant until they or somebody close to them has been burglarized, lock makers won't redesign their outline until there is an interest. Presently I won't venture to say that bolt knocking is a misrepresentation, however it is for the most part buildup. For my case I'd concentrate on the materials my locks are made of before I'd stress over them getting knocked open.

Actually, you are right at your side, but this perception differs from people to people, there is not a basic rule or formula to design a lock that is safe from getting knocked upon but yes there are some locks in today's age that can't be overrun easily and its really a hard nut to crack to get any idea of breaking them