Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bump key for padlocks

padlock bump key padlockpicking lock picking door lock picking padlock key padlock forum lock picking forum padlock picking forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

Are the bump keys or lock picking techniques on a door lock like tumbler locks the same with padlocks? And how do you pick a padlock?

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:38 PM

It's quite simple, all you need is a bump key preferably made of stainless steel and delicate hands and everything rest is quite similar 

#3 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

redcity says it all. OP, any updates on this thread?! Highly appreciated! Thanks.

#4 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

It's quite simple, all you need is a bump key preferably made of stainless steel and delicate hands and everything rest is quite similar 

Thanks! It would depend on the size of the key that will fit in the padlock right???or is the mechanism of a tumbler lock different from a padlock???

#5 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

redcity says it all. OP, any updates on this thread?! Highly appreciated! Thanks.

I'm still gathering as much information so that I can combine them all hoping that I can post a precise guide in the future about picking a padlock...hehehe...

#6 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'm still gathering as much information so that I can combine them all hoping that I can post a precise guide in the future about picking a padlock...hehehe...

Well, i think i should have explained the difference more briefly, first thing you must be agree with the fact that all tumbler locks whether they are cheap or expensive have the same mechanism in them. They all have a small cylinder having small springs at the back end that push the pins back after the key encounters each high point. All what is required to bump tumbler locks is a bump key whose valleys are filed in a way to exploit those high points. Now we come to Padlocks, the basic mechanism is quite similar like tumblers but in this case we might see a long inner cylinder with some extra pins and springs behind them. So yes in this case we might see some more high points at the starting end of the cylinder, moreover the bumping key required to bump them would be greater in size than what is required for tumbler locks. I hope  everyone here is mature enough to understand this answer. 

#7 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:02 AM

Looking forward to your HQ post, mate. It's surely be helpful for all newbies starting out. Good luck! wink.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: padlock, bump key, padlockpicking, lock picking, door lock picking, padlock key, padlock forum, lock picking forum, padlock picking forum