• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

Let this thread as a mega thread for all reviews for the online store.  While we would still encourage you to leave your review on the actual product page to help other customers, you are also encouraged to make posts in this thread sharing your experiences and thoughts with others. 

Thank you!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

There are reviews from, in some cases, years ago that are now showing up.

A new review from Nathan L. states:

I recently ordered the 5 piece key set as a supplemental tool for my home service/repair business. Although the shipping process was slow, the item I ordered worked great and I do not regret my purchase. You guys provided a great, high quality product and I look forward to purchasing from this company again.
High quality product and fair pricing.
Somewhat slow shipping. However I do not hold this as 100% true since this was did to a recent large influx in new large orders.

This review demonstrates that even though there was a delay of a week for shipping (Just after New Years), the items received were high quality and priced right.  Bingo.  These are the types of responses we like to read.  That's when we know that we're doing what need to be done to ensure the customer is satisfied.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

Chad D. wrote in to relay his buying experience:

I have not been able to figure out what key is used for what lock!  When you get 32 keys in one little bag its a bit hard to know what works on what. I would strongly recommend against buying these!!

To address this negative review all of our keys are packaged in a small plastic zip bag.  In this case 33 keys were enclosed in a small re-closable bag.  The frustration comes in that it can be difficult to recognize what keys are what. This is an area we have thought about how to improve on and the most likely solution is create a document / help guide outlining each individual key profile.   Perhaps if there is enough demand, we could also look at stamping all of our keys with a unique code to signify what type of key it actually is. 

Josiah B. wrote in with another negative review.  Let's see if we can help:

These are a great set of bump keys. They are sturdy and precise.  Though the keys themselves are good, it took a month before they were finally shipped out. When I tried to contact costumer support I received no response.

Good quality merchandise.

Very long shipping and no response from costumer support.

Another mostly positive review.   The accurate keys that Josiah mentions is thanks to the computer controlled code cutting machines that are in use at our shop.  These machines are able to continually cut keys with an error rate less than the width of a human hair.  It's just a killer machine.

The long wait time for orders is something that has been resolved as most orders are able to be shipped same day.    Thanks again, Josiah, for the review.

• xcaliber likes this

James K. - Lead Support

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:40 PM

Encouraging customers to leave reviews (hopefully positive!) reviews is always a challenge.  This is true across a number of platforms that I've been involved with; it doesn't matter if you offer customers an incentive to leave a review or even try begging them.  What it usually boils down to is that unless customers have a very strong feeling one way or the other, reviews are almost never left. 

This usually means that you'll see the very strong pro and the very strong negative side of things but not much in the middle.  As a consumer this is no doubt very troubling and and leads to confusion... what should I trust?  Do I trust the horribly negative review or the review that is glowing?  How about the newest review?  The oldest?  There are so many different scenarios that need to be evaluated and thought out that just looking at the reviews and trying to make a decision could a be a full time job.

When ACT Lock & Key is trying to solicit reviews we reach out to our past customers via an auto generated email asking them for their feedback.  It's very simple and, hopefully, extremely easy for a customer to leave their thoughts on the products and service.  Even though it is such a simple process... reviews are still not left in any meaningful quantity.  Bummer, right?  Let's put it this way, out of all the emails that are sent asking for reviews only a handful of users actually take the time to click the link and provide with their thoughts on bump keys or the service provided.  When we've offered incentives in the past for customer reviews it hasn't made a difference... again... unless the reviewer felt extremely strong one way or the other.

What to look for when reading reviews:

1. Is the reviewer from a verified customer?   Having a non-verified customer leave a review doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why would you value the opinion of someone who didn't even buy the product?
  2. How old is the review?  If the review is old (more than a year) it's entirely possible there was an issue in the past, but it's been corrected.  Contact the vendor and see if it's been corrected.
  3. How new is the review?  Newer reviews should be sought after first.  This should give you the best idea about the quality of the products and level of service rendered most recently.
  4. Does the review use proper English? If the reviewer is constantly SHOUTING that this is the best bump key set ever made, you might want to remain a little cautious.
  5. Is the review from a store employee?  This is really a concern that needs to be addressed.. it's possible that the store employee could be leaving their own reviews.  Look for common grammar mistakes among reviews.
  6. Are all the reviews on the same date?  This one can be a little bit harder to distinguish.  The Bumpkey.us site uses a review system that doesn't run 24/7 and must be manually triggered. The consequence of this is that many of the preview order review notifications will be sent out at the same time.

Wish there were other methods to encourage customers to leave reviews but it just doesn't work out that way.  People do what they want to do, and that usually means once they're satisfied with a product and it's meet their expectations, they go on to another venture.

With a bit of work, investigation, and dedication you can sift through the non-helpful reviews and really learn about what works and what doesn't.  If you're already at the point where you're going to be leaving a review... please do take that extra few moments and complete the form on the product review page.  It might just help someone else!

• TanVanMan likes this

James K. - Lead Support

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:16 PM

We're fast approaching Christmas 2015 and then shortly after that - 2016! Where has the time gone?

Who would have thought that BumpKey.US would be chugging along more than 10 years after our first sale and receiving positive reviews nearly every every week.  It's incredible to think about the countless people we've helped succeed in their lock picking adventure.  It doesn't matter what line of work a lock picker is in, we've been there for 10 years to make sure we always have the excellent products they demand on hand for immediate shipment.

2015 has been a better year than years in the past.  The product line has been expanded, customer inquires via email are being answered quickly, the social media presence has increased, and site software has been upgraded.  Wow.. we've done a lot of work this past year.  Hopefully all of our accomplishments and improvements have been noticed?  If not all of them, then at least the most obvious areas like extremely fast shipping and virtually zero delays on support inquires.

James K. - Lead Support

#6 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

There are reviews from, in some cases, years ago that are now showing up.

A new review from Nathan L. states:

This review demonstrates that even though there was a delay of a week for shipping (Just after New Years), the items received were high quality and priced right.  Bingo.  These are the types of responses we like to read.  That's when we know that we're doing what need to be done to ensure the customer is satisfied.

It's nice to see people expectations coming to real, great work