• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cheesecheeks

cheesecheeks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

I have the KW10 bump key and the tips and shoulders are unmodified. I have not a clue when it comes to filing and how to and where to file. SO if you could point me in the right direction or something would be nice
Thanks, Michael

#2 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:23 PM

http://www.bumpkeyfo...wtopic.php?t=47

There is the thread for filing down the key. From what I understand, you only need to file down for the minimal movement method. If you want to use the pull out method, you shouldn't have to file it.
Posted Image
Yea...I posted the 1337th article on the forum.

#3 cheesecheeks

cheesecheeks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:29 PM

So i have filed down the key. Although it does not look like anything close to the pic. It still does not work.

#4 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

Below is a KW10 key from bumpkey.us....I've marked in red, the spots you must file down for the minimal movement method.

If the key doesn't work, try a different lock, if it still doesn't work, maybe you filed to much......or not enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Yea...I posted the 1337th article on the forum.

#5 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Below is a KW10 key from bumpkey.us....I've marked in red, the spots you must file down for the minimal movement method.

If the key doesn't work, try a different lock, if it still doesn't work, maybe you filed to much......or not enough.

Posted Image

Yeah I am agree with you that in minimal movement method we need some space for the the key to get inside so shoulder and tip should be filed.