• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 9charlef

9charlef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi, im new and getting pretty frustrated with my m1 masterlock bump key that i bought from bumpkey.uk and immediately began using and i have not been able to get it to work! ive used many tools and even my hand but still i wont pop open. ive read most of the forums and i haven't gotten much help from those so i was hoping personal advice might help me. I keep changing my tension and my hitting power unfortunately it has not worked. i need guidance because even a 11 year old girl is better :? . I just read a forum where i heard you need to cut off a little more from the original. Can someone please elaborate?

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

Well, actually, its not really needed for the Masterlock key. What you want to do, is put it in the entire lock. then click it out one pin. Then strike it fairly hard, and apply a good amount of pressure, it should open in time.

The shaving off info can be found here-

http://www.bumpkeyfo...wtopic.php?t=47

#3 9charlef

9charlef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:24 PM

thank you for the prompt reply! i hope i can get it by 11:00 at least... but is this shaving a major part of this? or is it just me?

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

thank you for the prompt reply! i hope i can get it by 11:00 at least... but is this shaving a major part of this? or is it just me?

The Master locks require loads of tension and a hell of a hit, as Kristic pointed out.

As for the key cutting, I give you the minimal movement method.

The keys get between a quarter of a millimeter and a millimeter shaved/ground/cut off the tip of the key and the shoulder (the part that touches the outside of the lock that prevents the key from sliding in anymore.) Therefore, when the key gets banged into the lock, all the pins get forced back the distance you ground off, which is onto the face of the little hills on the key, the energy is transferred into the top pins which jump above the shear line and... presto! You're in.

HOWEVER for your case, you'll use the pull out method as previously described. (Out one click, hard whack, loads of tension.)

#5 Virgintamr

Virgintamr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

I would go with the pull out method. I've opened four different master locks with this method and only got one open with the minimal movement method.

#6 9charlef

9charlef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:54 PM

loads of tension and hard hit? haha ok ill try my best though i hope i shaved it off the right amount because i have a really hard time measuring how much to shave. What are the consequences if a shave to much? And how do i detect ive shaved enough from the tip and the shoulder? ty for the comments though!