• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 IcerC

IcerC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

I am an scuba diver and take people on trips for the local scuba shop.
I am also an amateur animator and do it as often as I can.
Posted Image

Avid digger and tech lover. (Found out about BumpKeys on digg, heh)
I enjoy rock climbing and love skydiving.

I wanted to try bumping to see if I could;)
Lock Bumping, Bump Keys!

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for starting this thread...

I've been meaning to post in here for some time, guess now is time the time!

So about me - I too live in sunny \ hot Florida. It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. The only difference is you are actually doing it! I would love to go sky \ scuba diving (and plan to soon).

I too am addicted to digg.com, and pretty much anything 'techno' related.
I have a Whites metal detector that gets some use down here in FL.

I started this site and bumpkey.us as a hobby. Just something to keep me out of trouble.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Abloy boy

Abloy boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

Hello,
Nice new forum, so thought why not join. :D

Been playing around locks & keys for best part of 30 years, but fairly new to bumping and hope to learn a lot here. :)

Regards, 8)

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

Hello,
Nice new forum, so thought why not join. :D

Been playing around locks & keys for best part of 30 years, but fairly new to bumping and hope to learn a lot here. :)

Regards, 8)

Welcome Aboard!

It's nice to see that the United Kingdom is represented here.
I was there for a few years... and loved every minute of it!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#5 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

My name is Zach. I live in Plainwell, MI, just 10 minutes out of Kalamazoo (Southwest Side of the State). I'm an avid bassist, and I enjoy lockpicking, computers, and music. I'm a college student with the plans of transferring to Michigan State next spring.

#6 mrwhite

mrwhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:21 PM

My name is Chris, I'm 27 years old. I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm a security consultant for a local tech firm. I do everything from network security(IDS, server management, security analysis, etc.) to high-security corporate and government building alarm systems(install, test, analyze...you name it). I am also an amateur locksmith. I have been picking locks for the past few years, and I've been bumping for a few months now, even though I've owned a set of bump keys for over a year.

I'm a digger too, I've been in to computers since the mid-nineties. I got my BS degree at age 21 in 2000(Computer Information Systems), and my AS in 2002(Network Security). I've been in the network security field for the past 6 years.

I see we have some skydiving enthusiasts here--I've been skydiving 4 times, base jumping once, and hang gliding twice... Skydiving is GREAT, anyone who hasn't done it really should. There's nothing like it(except base jumping, but I wouldn't recommend that one...long story...).

#7 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:23 AM

My name is Chris, I'm 27 years old. I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm a security consultant for a local tech firm. I do everything from network security(IDS, server management, security analysis, etc.) to high-security corporate and government building alarm systems(install, test, analyze...you name it). I am also an amateur locksmith. I have been picking locks for the past few years, and I've been bumping for a few months now, even though I've owned a set of bump keys for over a year.

I'm a digger too, I've been in to computers since the mid-nineties. I got my BS degree at age 21 in 2000(Computer Information Systems), and my AS in 2002(Network Security). I've been in the network security field for the past 6 years.

I see we have some skydiving enthusiasts here--I've been skydiving 4 times, base jumping once, and hang gliding twice... Skydiving is GREAT, anyone who hasn't done it really should. There's nothing like it(except base jumping, but I wouldn't recommend that one...long story...).

Yep, I'm 20 and I've already skydived once, and plan to again in about a month or so. Its definately a rush!

#8 Menthol

Menthol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yo.

... I never know what to say in these threads. I'm a 22 year old female who is intresting in bumping for it's own sake.
I make cigarettes more delicious.

#9 Zachary

Zachary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

I'm Zachary, I live in San Antonio, TX. My hobbies are lighthouses, antique fan collecting, locksmithing (of course), architecture, and webmastering. I've got a few websites but (if I understand the rules correctly) I can't post them here. I have a job as a Kennel Worker at a local Veterinarian Clinic.

#10 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

I'm Zachary, I live in San Antonio, TX. My hobbies are lighthouses, antique fan collecting, locksmithing (of course), architecture, and webmastering. I've got a few websites but (if I understand the rules correctly) I can't post them here. I have a job as a Kennel Worker at a local Veterinarian Clinic.

Go ahead and post your websites!

If it's not a site related to this forum \ bumpkey.us...
The only thing we don't want is shameless \ contestant plugs about other competing websites. We've put alot into this site and bumpkey.us. It is simply VERY frustrating when people try and steal customers \ forum users away from our site(s).

James K. - Lead Support

#11 lockpicker30

lockpicker30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hi i am mark from the u.k, anyone esle from u.k here?

#12 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

ah i finally noticed this introductions topic... im a San Francisco native, im 18 turning 19 in october... ive been learning everything about lockpicking and bump keys since i was 16... funny thing is that i was so bored after school and i didnt wana do my hw.. so i just went online and learned about lockpicking. plus the fact that i just wanna learn for the sake of learning it. Hey you'll never know when it comes in handy right?

#13 commando

commando

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

I'm a 22 yr old kid from AZ. I enjoy girls and the occasional drink. Used to hustle coke, been clean a little over a year and a half. Trying to stay out of trouble. Finance major. Never convicted of a fellony on my little vacation from reality, thank god. So i started thinking go back get your degree, graduate, try and make a million bucks or something.

Money's always been easy for me. It's staying away from the easy money that's hard. I studied under an older grifter for a couple years (nothing impressive, strickly short con). But that's over now too so i've been looking for some ways to maybe enjoy a little excitement without spending the rest of my life in jail.

I'm going to Isael next summer to check out this branch of the IDF my buddies sister is with. Urban combat. I used to work at a shooting range when i was younger, i'm good with guns, and i like to blow stuff up. If i like it I plan on enlisting after graduation. After that who knows. Counter Intelligence Centre in DC. I dunno. Long term i want to be a civilian, but i can't help feeling kind of guilty for some of the stuff i've done. i wanna give back, but 9-5 cash flow analysis isn't as exciting as you might think.

My life is weird and complicated. Too much stuff has happened for it all to fit into 22 yrs in a normal kind of way. I have some trouble with anxiety sometimes but if you knew me you'd never be able to tell. i hide it well.

oh yeah, i guess people just assume that i'm the guy who'd know how to open a locked door. one day i deciced that i'd had too many of those calls not to learn so i bought a set of lock picks. still have no clue what to do with them. never been able to get them to work for me. then i heard of bumping a couple weeks ago, and i was like that's too easy. yep it sure as hell is. screw lock picks, james bond and rouge nija's can keep em. for me i think i just want to start a major bump key collection.
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." -MARCUS AURELIUS

#14 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

I'm a 22 yr old kid from AZ. I enjoy girls and the occasional drink. Used to hustle coke, been clean a little over a year and a half. Trying to stay out of trouble. Finance major. Never convicted of a fellony on my little vacation from reality, thank god. So i started thinking go back get your degree, graduate, try and make a million bucks or something.

Money's always been easy for me. It's staying away from the easy money that's hard. I studied under an older grifter for a couple years (nothing impressive, strickly short con). But that's over now too so i've been looking for some ways to maybe enjoy a little excitement without spending the rest of my life in jail.

I'm going to Isael next summer to check out this branch of the IDF my buddies sister is with. Urban combat. I used to work at a shooting range when i was younger, i'm good with guns, and i like to blow stuff up. If i like it I plan on enlisting after graduation. After that who knows. Counter Intelligence Centre in DC. I dunno. Long term i want to be a civilian, but i can't help feeling kind of guilty for some of the stuff i've done. i wanna give back, but 9-5 cash flow analysis isn't as exciting as you might think.

My life is weird and complicated. Too much stuff has happened for it all to fit into 22 yrs in a normal kind of way. I have some trouble with anxiety sometimes but if you knew me you'd never be able to tell. i hide it well.

oh yeah, i guess people just assume that i'm the guy who'd know how to open a locked door. one day i deciced that i'd had too many of those calls not to learn so i bought a set of lock picks. still have no clue what to do with them. never been able to get them to work for me. then i heard of bumping a couple weeks ago, and i was like that's too easy. yep it sure as hell is. screw lock picks, james bond and rouge nija's can keep em. for me i think i just want to start a major bump key collection.

As much as a love bump keying. I'd take my lockpicks over my bump keys anyday of the week. Lockpick is so much more badass, and alot more versitale (I can open all locks with a pick and a tension wrench, as appose to having a handful of bump keys to open it up)

#15 warwagon

warwagon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

Live south of Atlanta.

Started lockpicking and slimjiming in law-enforcement days.

Now I use the same tools with my rental properties and with properties I go look at, to possibly buy, where people have taken the keys.

Bumping is interesting and has a oooo aaahhhh factor.

#16 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

I guess i never did this. Live in the twin cities area of minnesota. Was given a jack knife lock picking set as a gift and began picking as a hobby. I got bored of that and the idea of "bumping" resparked my interest.

#17 Ichimonji

Ichimonji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

I just learned about bumping in a "creative entry" class. I'm hooked!

#18 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

I just learned about bumping in a "creative entry" class. I'm hooked!

Wow, they have classes that mention bump keying!? Thats downright crazy

#19 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

sounds like a fun class to me! :D

#20 Ichimonji

Ichimonji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

Not only did the instructor mention bumping, he brought 4 locks and bump keys. Nobody in the class had ever heard of bump keys and we were all opening locks before the end of the class.
"It's a flamethrower."

"Why?"

"Because I may have to set someone on fire and he's way over there..."