• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

About how long does the shipping take? I'm really looking forward to getting my keys in this coming week. Although i won't be receiving my SC20 key until later.

I'm also going to use this thread to pose a question. I bought the SC20 key because it stated that it was sort of a skeleton key and you wouldn't have to carry multiple SC's (house keys i guess?) around. I then read someone about how the SC20 key is slimmer than the regular SC's and more for advanced users. Anyone think I will have a problem out of it?

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

As far as the question about the SC20 being slimmer... We've recently switched to a new \ stronger \ more expensive material for our SC20's. While they are still slimmer they are not as delicate.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:04 PM

Great...That's all i wanted to know. I'll go as easy as I can on it until i become somewhat familiar with bumping locks. Thanks slickj.

#4 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:39 AM

The SC20 is often advertised as a "skeleton key", as it fits a slew of locks that use SC-X blanks. The SC20 blank is cut down to fit all the SC-X locks, and is thus rather skinny. In some cases it's a tight fit.

The results are hit and miss. In some locks the SC20 works perfectly, because the keyway is wider and the key moves fluidly. However, on some of the Schlage keyways the fit is rather tight and bumping it can be a pain because of the friction involved. It will work in all eventuality, it just may require a firmed whack.

Besides, who wants to carry around a whole keyring of SC-X bump keys?
I love my SC20. 8)

#5 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:37 AM

Thanks for the info theo....I can't wait to get mine!

#6 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the info theo....I can't wait to get mine!

me either

:shock: :shock: :wink:

#7 aspiring_bump3r

aspiring_bump3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

ME TOO! :lol:

#8 WOT

WOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:21 AM

Schlage does make the LP blank, which is an all-sectional blank made of stainless steel.

#9 JXB7

JXB7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:06 PM

Schlage does make the LP blank, which is an all-sectional blank made of stainless steel.

That would be a good addition to bumpkeys.us what do u think?

#10 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

That would be a good addition to bumpkeys.us what do u think?

I think it would be SUPER expensive to produce... and thus super expensive for customers =(

It's not feasible at present.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.