• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

i want to order some bump keys from bumpkey.us...but i don't know what to tell my mom what i need them for. because what else could you possibly do with these kind of keys except for lock picking as a hobby, or a burglar.
so i am just curious as to what everyone uses these keys for and what you told your parents to buy them for you.

lol i know this is a strange question...

thanks in advance

#2 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:28 AM

Well......I think most of us are old enough to buy our own keys...so no help for you there.

What are you going to use the keys for?

(your mother has a valid reason for wanting to know)

#3 Virgintamr

Virgintamr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:06 AM

I'm with digitxm on this one.

#4 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:15 AM

so i am just curious as to what everyone uses these keys for and what you told your parents to buy them for you.

thanks in advance

Well, to answer your query, I use bump keys to open locks. I know it sounds strange, but that is why I use bump keys. Especially now that it is colder than the proverbial 'New York witch's tit in a brass brassiere.' Picking a lock in the cold is absolutely no fun and bumping only takes a few seconds.
Bump it to the next level.

#5 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

I'm also going with digitxm....If you aren't old enough to buy the keys yourself then maybe you shouldn't buy them. That is of course if your parents refuse to buy them for you. Just tell her it's for fun.....but I have a feeling that might not work.

#6 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

yeah, i tried to get the keys yesterday but my mom saw the video on the bottom of bumpkey.us, and said no, because she thought they are illegal, and said what else will you do with these, except for open things which you shouldn't.

but it worked out OK, since my friend is going to order them for me.

#7 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

Well, I mean, as long as your mother trusts you, it shouldn't be a problem. I mean, bump keys realistically serve two purposes, for burglary, or for fun. If she truly thinks you wont become a crook, then there shouldn't be a problem

#8 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

You never did answer my question. What are you going to use your keys for?

#9 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:03 PM

He didn't answer that question for a reason......

Heh, just kidding.

#10 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:30 PM

Well, in this country, we're innocent til proven guilty. So with that being said, its not our place to ask why they're using the keys.

#11 Keyless82

Keyless82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

i want to order some bump keys from bumpkey.us...but i don't know what to tell my mom what i need them for. because what else could you possibly do with these kind of keys except for lock picking as a hobby, or a burglar.

thanks in advance

well I'm over 21 so i don't know what to tell you.I don't have to "explain" to my mom what the keys are for lol... maybe u should get someone else to get them for you or try making them yourself

#12 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Just tell the truth if you really want to do that for hobby or for future profession just tell the truth, I told my father about my hobby and nothing went wrong.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith