• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mooseoftoose

mooseoftoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

Iv been doing some heavy research, and came to the conclusion that minimal movement is easier than the pull out method. I made copies of the keys I originally got, and began filing one. I took some off the shoulder and tip, but I cannot get the key to spring back in the lock. I insert it, and it just sits the same way it did before I filed it. Did I not take enough off? Heres a picture of a not filed SC1 and the filed one, the filed key is on the bottom.

Posted Image

Thanks alot

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Whats with everyone having the craziest keys they can find? Where do you guys get all of these, the "Krazy Key Store"?

It looks like you might wanna save a bit more off of the tip.

#3 mooseoftoose

mooseoftoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

Haha, i got it Walmart, it was all they had left for the Schlages. Last resort. Ill take a bit more off and see what happens.

#4 mooseoftoose

mooseoftoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

OK, I took some more off the tip, it does spring back now, but it barely goes in very far, and I cannot get it to work with this new method. I have been able to get it with the pull out method, but the minimal movement is stumping me. Is there anything thats different when using this method, or is it the same as the pull out, besides pulling it out one click?

Thanks

#5 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

The minimal movement method is that we always use but you can also change the method slightly according to the position. Pressure on turning will also be accurate to work that out.

Chris