• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:23 AM

i just got interested in bumping, and i have made my own key. i also bougt a practice lock. it is a wr5 key. when i try to bump the practice lock, it doesnt turn right away, i have to pull it out a little bit again and then turn, and then it opens. so i tried on a few of my friends houses, and nothing happens. couls there be somethign wrong with the lock i am practicing on, please help me out, i really want to get into it, and i got excited when i opened the lock, but i does not seem like i am diong it properly nd there could be a defect in the lock?

thanks.

#2 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

First of all, the forum has a handy spell checking capability.... from now on try to use it.

From what you said, it sounds like the lock you are practicing on is faulty. When a successful bump is done, if you move the key back out you undo the bump. If you are able to pull the key out and then open the lock, then either the key was not cut down right (there is still enough there for it to work with that lock without bumping) or your lock is messed up....

If you could post pictures of your key we could better asses your problem

Head over to www.tinypic.com and upload your photo. Once completed it will give you a unique URL of the photo. Copy this url to the forum and place it like this:

[img]http://tinypic.com/yourpictures.jpg[/img]

-thank slickj for that tip

#3 sniper101

sniper101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

thanks, im going to get a new lock to practice on, and order some keys from bumpkey.us, i will also post pictures of the key as soon as i can,

thanks slickj..

#4 Willis

Willis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

That's a nice idea. using keys from bumpkeys.us is always worked for me also so go on and practice on that.