• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rulenumber3

rulenumber3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

Ive been toying around with lock picking for about 6 months now. I just recently found out about bumping though. Ive been able to pick my apt mailbox lock for awhile now, and the front door. But can those small mailbox type of locks be bumped? I don't have any bump keys yet, but plan on ordering some from here soon.

Do you guys sell any small keys that would also work on my apt mailbox that I could practice with? Or is that type of lock not 'bumpable'? Ive been told not to practice too much on house locks, or locks that you depend on. So I would like to try it on everything that I can, to switch it up a little, and for the practice! Thanks for the help! :D

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

The small keys that you're referring to... If the Post Office owns the box, mailing such a key would most likely be a federal crime. Even possessing a key that's not yours might be a crime awell.

If it's just a box where you can buy the key yourself, and the P.O doesn't own the box.. just have someone make a copy of the key and then attempt to make a bump key. We've got some info here on the site that should help you with that endeavor.... just search :D

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

interesting, that is the second person inquiring about such keys......

#4 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

yes the 2nd one to ask about these... and another fool that uses his own home locks as practice... but at least he realizes it :lol:
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#5 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

Don't practice on your used lock. I always suggest you to take any unused lock or purchase to practice.
Sandy