• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:41 AM

Those interested in Locksmithing are often frustrated by an inability to obtain supplies which, with a little bit of ingenuity, are easily obtained - often for free - from other than locksmith suppliers.

Even the professionals occasionally get caught out and have to come up with an alternative while on the job.

One of these items is Curved Shimstock , used for shimming cylinders, the sale of which is restricted in parts of Australia.

At least two of the above are obtainable from security tags stuck to carded display stock in many stores.

Simply cut the tags open and retrieve the shims.

Anyone else got any ideas.

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:37 AM

I dont ass any pictures or anything.

#3 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:56 PM

Sort of confused on what you're saying

#4 Ichimonji

Ichimonji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

That's called theft where I live. Must be different over there, if something is restricted just take it from someone else.
"It's a flamethrower."

"Why?"

"Because I may have to set someone on fire and he's way over there..."

#5 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

yeah.....hence my confusion. Is that what you are meaning to say lockman?

#6 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:38 AM

i swear to god i NEVER understand wtf lockman is saying... lol... but yea hes talking about padlock shims... its a piece of thin material that u can use to open a high amount of Master combination locks and some padlocks...[/left]
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#7 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:44 AM

I can only comment as follows.

"THEFT"?? - the tags are on products you purchase and are cleared when paid for. They remain fixed to carded products. I am a Locksmith - theft is not in my makeup.

"PADLOCK SHIMS" ??- An entirely different item. Curved shim is used to open and rekey cylinders where all keys have been lost or misplaced.

#8 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

Sorry man, but honestly you weren't making much sense. I'm all for hearing what you gotta say, but it really did seem like you were talking about theft.

I'm still not quite sure what you were getting at. You have my attention now though and i am interested in hearing it.

#9 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

ok.. SORRY for making the mistake of not understanding your poor grammar... i just ASSUMED you were talkin about padlock shims... my bad then. jeez too bad spell check doesnt check his grammar...
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#10 Ichimonji

Ichimonji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

I apologize for assuming you meant to take something without paying for it. My mistake.
"It's a flamethrower."

"Why?"

"Because I may have to set someone on fire and he's way over there..."