18 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

What is the price range for a set of quality bump keys? My budget is limited and I don't want to spend too much for my hobby!

#2 Giovanni

Giovanni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

The price range usually depends on the seller whether you're buying bump keys online or not. For nickel silver, it's on the $20 price range, 20. If you see a better deal than this one, let us know too. :)

#3 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

What is the price range for a set of quality bump keys? My budget is limited and I don't want to spend too much for my hobby!

There is actually a key set that is not more than 30 dollars...There would also be bigger discount the more numbers of bump keys in a set is...

#4 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:58 AM

There is actually a key set that is not more than 30 dollars...There would also be bigger discount the more numbers of bump keys in a set is...

What's the average number of key are there when you say a set of key?

#5 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

What's the average number of key are there when you say a set of key?

Well a set i have witnessed recently does have 24 keys in it and it was about 65 dollars in cost but there are sets with 5, 18 and 39 keys as well. But people prefer sets with 24 keys in it..

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

Well a set i have witnessed recently does have 24 keys in it and it was about 65 dollars in cost but there are sets with 5, 18 and 39 keys as well. But people prefer sets with 24 keys in it..

Wow.. 24, that's a lot. And is that the minimum number of key for a set of key? sorry newbie here :-)

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:41 AM

Wow.. 24, that's a lot. And is that the minimum number of key for a set of key? sorry newbie here :-)

No you can have  key set having 5 keys and some manufacturers may offer 10 keys in a key set as well, so i think 5 is the minimum number

#8 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

It would actually be better to purchase a set with more keys in it because as I can see it is cheaper...then you can resell the other keys to your friends...hehe...or tell them to buy here too so that they will resell it as well then so on and so fort then the networking happened...hahaha

#9 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

It would actually be better to purchase a set with more keys in it because as I can see it is cheaper...then you can resell the other keys to your friends...hehe...or tell them to buy here too so that they will resell it as well then so on and so fort then the networking happened...hahaha

I heard that in this site, the more keys you order the bigger the discount you can get.

#10 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

Hahahahahah, well thats not a bad choice, quite appealing

#11 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hahahahahah, well thats not a bad choice, quite appealing

That is being practical...hehehe...you can have your bump keys while earning at the same time... :)

#12 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

That is being practical...hehehe...you can have your bump keys while earning at the same time... smile.png

Well, seriously i appreciate this kind of approach as it gets you used to think out of the box, like social networking allows you to think with different angles, 

#13 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

No you can have  key set having 5 keys and some manufacturers may offer 10 keys in a key set as well, so i think 5 is the minimum number

hmm.. and those 10 keys are "basic" set of keys? I mean,if you can use a set with 10 keys, why do you have to buy 24 keys? Sorry for the dummy question :-) Still a newbie here..

#14 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

hmm.. and those 10 keys are "basic" set of keys? I mean,if you can use a set with 10 keys, why do you have to buy 24 keys? Sorry for the dummy question :-) Still a newbie here..

well, i am happy , you are learning a lot 

#15 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Still a question regarding set of bump keys. when you say set of bump keys, are they different sizes and length of keys? Is that right? Or they are mostly same keys of the same sizes? Hope someone can answer :-)

#16 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:46 AM

Still a question regarding set of bump keys. when you say set of bump keys, are they different sizes and length of keys? Is that right? Or they are mostly same keys of the same sizes? Hope someone can answer :-)

A full set of bump keys would include one for each of the major lockset manufacturers, like a Kwikset lock requires a bump key made from a Kwikset key, the same is true for other lock brands. Bump keys are manufacturer-specific, hope you got it why they are of different size :)

• TanVanMan likes this

#17 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

A full set of bump keys would include one for each of the major lockset manufacturers, like a Kwikset lock requires a bump key made from a Kwikset key, the same is true for other lock brands. Bump keys are manufacturer-specific, hope you got it why they are of different size smile.png

aahh.. ok.. that clears out everything :-) thanks Redcity.. Now i understand why there are sets of 15 some are 24 and so on .. :-)

#18 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Head over to https://www.bumpkey.us/and look for featured product section for latest updates (y)

#19 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

Its nice to see https://www.bumpkey.us/  giving key sets less than market price, :)