Photo
- - - - -

Did you ever break a lock while using a hammer?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Summers

Summers

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

Just curious, how many times have you broken a lock when using a bump key with hammer? You always have to exert the right amount of force to bump the lock. On my experience 70% of the time I break the lock when using a hammer. So I was wondering about your experience when using this kind of method, with a hammer.

#2 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

I've never used a hammer in addition to bumper keys. And by the numbers that you are sharing with us I am pretty sure I won't use hammers in the future too :)

#3 KennethS

KennethS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

No, not really. If you break a lock when using a bump key with hammer then it's your lock that must have a problem. With or without a hammer you should be able to pick a lock with a bump key. The hammer is only used for easier exertion of force on the key. You can just imagine how hard it will be when you'r exerting pressure on a small object with just your hand.

#4 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

Just curious, how many times have you broken a lock when using a bump key with hammer? You always have to exert the right amount of force to bump the lock. On my experience 70% of the time I break the lock when using a hammer. So I was wondering about your experience when using this kind of method, with a hammer.

70% is actually a lot...I'm not an expert but I saw some videos and read some of the posts here that you don't need to literally use a hammer in bumping...just a lighter tool and enough force can do the job...like the handle of screw driver...

#5 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

I recommend buy a new hammer, this time of problem only arises when you have an unbalanced hammer or is made of poor quality plastic, so focus more on the quality of the hammer 

#6 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

I recommend buy a new hammer, this time of problem only arises when you have an unbalanced hammer or is made of poor quality plastic, so focus more on the quality of the hammer 

What hammer could you recommend that will be best for lock bumping???

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:37 PM

Anyone with a round bump and has a balanced weight and made of high quality rubber plastic, flex plus bump hammer is an ideal choice, 

#8 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

Im a beginner and so I am curios myself. What type of hammer did you use? 

#9 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

Anyone with a round bump and has a balanced weight and made of high quality rubber plastic, flex plus bump hammer is an ideal choice, 

I think that should do it...I can imagine it just with your description...thanks...

#10 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

breaking a lock because of bumping would be a disaster because it it is not all the time that you have a spare bump key. that is why there should always be an extra bump key. just in case. :)

#11 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:33 AM

I think that should do it...I can imagine it just with your description...thanks...

Well you do have a quite good imaginative skills, and i infer you are among the 10% of the people that use their left hemisphere of the brain a lot which is associated with imagination, quite amusing

#12 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Well you do have a quite good imaginative skills, and i infer you are among the 10% of the people that use their left hemisphere of the brain a lot which is associated with imagination, quite amusing

I think that is the right side of the brain...if you are not being sarcastic then thank you...but if it is, still thank you...hahaha

#13 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:39 AM

I think that is the right side of the brain...if you are not being sarcastic then thank you...but if it is, still thank you...hahaha

hahahahaha, it must be right side then :), and i am not sarcastic :)