Photo
- - - - -

What type of people/professions use bump keys?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

It is logical that locksmiths are the most common users of bump keys. But can bump keys be used in some other professions? Do firefighters use them?

#2 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm guessing this would be too much of a hassle for firefighters.That is why they carry axes around, not time to be using anything but bture force to enter a room in flames.

• TanVanMan likes this

#3 Coleson

Coleson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

I don't really think any other profession would be needing bump key but a lock smith. It's part of their job to know how to secure locks and open them so there. If there's going to be any other profession other than this one, I think that would be for those people who uses them on the streets for bad purposes. You know what I mean.

#4 Locman

Locman

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Lock Bumping – Is it all hype…Or a real security risk? http://www.choicecit...ck_bumping.html

• TanVanMan likes this

#5 sallyshooter

sallyshooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

I think bump keys can be used for good just like anything else they can also be used for band things. A baseball bat can be used to hit baseballs or break into a home by shattering a window. It's the exact same thing with bumpkeys.

#6 Kaylee

Kaylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Emergency personnel such as police, fire, and medical,and locksport & lock picking enthusiasts.

Toronto Locksmith Available 24/7

247torontolocksmith.com

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

Locksmiths are not the only ones who use bumps keys. I do know that cops and fire fighters have them as well so they can use them to get into someones house due to an emergency . 

#8 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:01 AM

In our country, bad people use it to break into someone's house. It really depends on the person whether he/she will use his/her knowledge for good or bad things.

#9 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:51 AM

I'd say any kind of people/profession use bump keys. No matter what profession you are, you may have one of those time that you need to open a locked door because of misplaced or lost keys. When it comes to who usually use it the most, I'd say they are the locksmiths, cops, and right.. thieves :-(

#10 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

Well, it greatly depends on the situation you are in, its just like using a gun is bad but when it comes to protecting yourself from someone than everything is legal. Similarly, when you are stuck outside your house as you have lost your door key than its legal to bump your own door, no one will point a finger on you

#11 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:59 PM

Well, it greatly depends on the situation you are in, its just like using a gun is bad but when it comes to protecting yourself from someone than everything is legal. Similarly, when you are stuck outside your house as you have lost your door key than its legal to bump your own door, no one will point a finger on you

Right. It's also a good thing that we know about bump keys and not just the bad guys out there. As we can do preventive measures. We know which locks are very easy for bumpers. And we can add more security in our home.

#12 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

Right. It's also a good thing that we know about bump keys and not just the bad guys out there. As we can do preventive measures. We know which locks are very easy for bumpers. And we can add more security in our home.

Yes, you are thinking in the right way 

#13 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

Using bump keys doesn't require a profession...it is already by default that locksmiths are the ones making it after all it was their job and skills that put the bump keys into existence...whatever your profession is, you can use a bump key,...just don't make using bump key to other people's door lock your profession...

• redcity and TanVanMan like this

#14 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

anyone can use a bump key and yo can learn a lot about it through videos and forums like this and then through hard work you will become a professional bump key user. you won't need to go to school in order to learn how to use it so that only means there would be no profession required in being a bump key user. although there would be really some people that would use a bump key for their wrong doings.

#15 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

anyone can use a bump key and yo can learn a lot about it through videos and forums like this and then through hard work you will become a professional bump key user. you won't need to go to school in order to learn how to use it so that only means there would be no profession required in being a bump key user. although there would be really some people that would use a bump key for their wrong doings.

Right. And so the only illegal use of bump key is when you're not using it on your own lock or you have no permission from the owner of the lock. Everything else is legal. :-)