2 replies to this topic

#1 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I am wondering if you guys just use your fingers to apply tension while bumping or if you use some sort of lever. I saw a video on bumping and noticed that the guy had placed a rod of some sort into the hole in the head of the key to apply tension. I tried it using a cylindrical file and it worked pretty well, and no danger of smashing your fingers! What do you guys do?

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

I personally only use brute force, I am not into using so many tools to be honest :)

#3 Katheleen

Katheleen

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

I am wondering if you guys just use your fingers to apply tension while bumping or if you use some sort of lever. I saw a video on bumping and noticed that the guy had placed a rod of some sort into the hole in the head of the key to apply tension. I tried it using a cylindrical file and it worked pretty well, and no danger of smashing your fingers! What do you guys do?

Tension or leverage, that's what I use it for when bumping some locks. Sometimes the locks have a little space and I think that's what putting my bump key off track so I put anything that I can on that space in hopes of getting right. Seems to work for me so I can only guess they do it for the same reason even when it's for tension or something else.