24 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Bump keys are the best tools for lockpicking but do you know any other tools that can get the job done? Do you have experience with bobby pins or paperclips? Could they be efficient in situations where bump keys can't help?

#2 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

I have never tried any other ways but I've watched several YouTube videos and Bobby pins do actually work in lock picking.

• LAlocksport likes this

#3 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I use beer can shims and bump keys only but I keep discovering more useable tools as I keep surfing the internet and reading through the forum.

#4 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

I use beer can shims and bump keys only but I keep discovering more useable tools as I keep surfing the internet and reading through the forum.

Where did you learn to use beer can shims? Do you have any useful links for that?

#5 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Where did you learn to use beer can shims? Do you have any useful links for that?

I would like to learn more about that too. It certainly sounds interesting! But I think that we can all agree that bump keys are the best tool.

#6 Summers

Summers

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

This is something I would like to see. Any links you can share would be appreciated. I've heard of Bobby pins being used before but beer can shims is entirely new to me. I'd love to discover how that works and which type of locks. 

#7 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

This is something similar to what redcity has mentioned I guess. It looks quite interesting.

#8 Giovanni

Giovanni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Now that's very creative. Using soda cans that way can be easy. It's the part where you use it to unlock a padlock which is hard. If you're really an expert in lock picking then maybe you can just use what guys in movies use to unlock doors, a piece of thin wire or nail. ;)

#9 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

There are many different kinds of tools that are actually being used in the movies but I wonder if they even work in real life...Surely not all...

#10 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

hmm.. how do you do that?

#11 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Oh just saw this link :-) 

#12 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

great, and you can use it to pick combinational locks too, 

#13 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

That's pretty cool...so that is what redcity is talking about...now I get it...

#14 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

That's pretty cool...so that is what redcity is talking about...now I get it...

Exactly, good for you 

#15 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

Exactly, good for you 

I actually tried that and it did work...that's some cool stuff... hehe

#16 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

I should try this one time..

#17 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

I have never tried any other ways but I've watched several YouTube videos and Bobby pins do actually work in lock picking.

Wow that really works. Keeping a bobby pin in your wallet would be good then :-)

#18 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

Wow that really works. Keeping a bobby pin in your wallet would be good then :-)

I've seen this method in tv shows but I never thought that it would be this possible...I guess that would take a lot of practice because you really have to keep your senses working...that's also cool but I wonder if I can learn that easily...it seems like using a bump key is easier for me..and using a bobby pin to pick a lock seems more suspicious...hehe

#19 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:47 AM

I've seen this method in tv shows but I never thought that it would be this possible...I guess that would take a lot of practice because you really have to keep your senses working...that's also cool but I wonder if I can learn that easily...it seems like using a bump key is easier for me..and using a bobby pin to pick a lock seems more suspicious...hehe

hahaha .. right as it will take more time picking with a bobby pin than key bumping. But just in case you don't have bump keys and the only available tool you have is a bobby pin from your wallet, then learning how to use a bobby pin would be nice :-)

#20 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:19 AM

hahaha .. right as it will take more time picking with a bobby pin than key bumping. But just in case you don't have bump keys and the only available tool you have is a bobby pin from your wallet, then learning how to use a bobby pin would be nice :-)

It is nice...it is actually nice to learn many skills especially cool skills like this one...(as long as it is used with good purpose)...hehe