#1 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner, I'm learning the basics of lock picking on the internet and I would like to test my knowledge on my front door lock but I'm afraid that I would damage it.

Do bump keys damage the lock? And does putting an O ring on the key help?

• LAlocksport likes this

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

If you use it for the first time and use it wisely, it is very unlikely that it would be damaged. Maybe if you overdo it yes but just once I don't think so. Research well and I encourage you to practise.

• LAlocksport likes this

#3 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Well using bump keys takes a lot of patience and any sharp moves could damage the lock, but those cases are rare. Try practicing on old locks.

#4 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:48 AM

Try to best used up locks so damaging them won't be a concern anymore. Recommend to buy at the junk shops for they worth less than if you're buying at a warehouse.

#5 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

There would be scratches that will mark the door lock right? Haven't tried picking locks yet because of that.

#6 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

There would be scratches that will mark the door lock right? Haven't tried picking locks yet because of that.

Well, you must use delicate hands and it would be better that you cover the rest of the lock with some crystal sticker or thing like that , so it don't get any scratches. Secondly, don't go with bumping in dim light, do it while all of your romm lights are working smile.png

#7 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Well, you must use delicate hands and it would be better that you cover the rest of the lock with some crystal sticker or thing like that , so it don't get any scratches. Secondly, don't go with bumping in dim light, do it while all of your romm lights are working smile.png

Im a beginner myself too. That's a good Idea redcity. Im thinking of practicing too. And I plan to practice during day time lol... bumping in dim light made me laugh.. as I thought I might be suspected as thief lol.. Thanks for the suggestion redcity ;-)

#8 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Im a beginner myself too. That's a good Idea redcity. Im thinking of practicing too. And I plan to practice during day time lol... bumping in dim light made me laugh.. as I thought I might be suspected as thief lol.. Thanks for the suggestion redcity ;-)

Hahahahah, that's a serious concern of yours and i fear its probably right. 

#9 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:05 AM

lol who would ever do key bumping in dim light?? nah just find this post really hilarious biggrin.png anyway, feel at home at the best key bumping forum online!

#10 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

lol who would ever do key bumping in dim light?? nah just find this post really hilarious biggrin.png anyway, feel at home at the best key bumping forum online!

I know who.. lol.  Someone who comes home after curfew hour at night and who's not given the right to have his/her own key lol.. I should have known about this bump keys when I was in my high school :-)

#11 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

what are examples of crystal stickers???I'm kinda not familiar to it...

#12 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:33 AM

hahaha..very well said...but what if you forgot your key inside then you came home at night and the lights were not turned on...then you just have to hope that no one will see you...

#13 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:45 AM

I know who.. lol.  Someone who comes home after curfew hour at night and who's not given the right to have his/her own key lol.. I should have known about this bump keys when I was in my high school :-)

the curfew in high school...hahaha..the memories trying to climb your own house...

#14 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

what are examples of crystal stickers???I'm kinda not familiar to it...

Well, i don't know the types, but it's like quite common,  just ask the shopkeeper for a common crystal sticker and i am surely he will get you one 

#15 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

You are living in a real world, there are many musketeers around you.... biggrin.png

#16 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

You actually got a point! This made me laugh haha. Nice to see you being active here, TanVanMan.

#17 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

Well, i know very well what can you do with these bump keys if you are well aware of them in your high school days. cool.png

#18 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

You actually got a point! This made me laugh haha. Nice to see you being active here, TanVanMan.

Thanks Lockpickit.. Merry Christmas!

#19 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:23 AM

Thanks Lockpickit.. Merry Christmas!

Belated merry christmas to you, too! Any scratches on the door lock? 

#20 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

Belated merry christmas to you, too! Any scratches on the door lock? 

What door lock? You mean back then? lol.. no sweat.. no scratches at all.. :-)